Boon Nerf - Killer Can Snuff at Range
The idea came to me when I was struggling to accurately stand in the pixel-perfect spot to see the "Snuff" prompt appear: Why the fog do I have to be this precise to snuff the totem??
2 meters? Just to remove the finnicky prompt issue?
6 meters? Being on the same tile is close enough, but not enough to snuff a floor above/below?
Comments
However close a survivor has to be to bless it is how close the killer should have to be to snuff it. Period
Survivors can fit into tighter places.
I don't know; maybe it's a controller issue, but I feel like I can hear the survivor healing just on the other side of the wall from me for the additional 1 or 2 seconds I spend trying to line myself up perfectly to snuff the boon.
I still think snuffing the totem should just break the totem (and be able to be used for pentimento). Survivors being able to put up and recycle infinite boons is not a very fun mechanic.
Remember why they nerfed undying?
Another idea was having the Boon not work while in the killer's terror radius, but the weaker boons like Shadowstep, Dark Theory, and Exponential would be hit the hardest.
Yep, they realized it created a secondary objective for survivor, then created a secondary objective for the role with less time
We lost this ever being a viable idea the moment they released pentimento.
Pentimento can only bring a totem back once. If anything, Pentimento inadvertently doubles the number of boons that survivors can make.
you can't bless a pentimento totem, so it doesn't actually.
wait, seriously? I didn't know that. whack.
either way, you already know where the totem is.