Just Do Bones

Hey, haven’t played in year or so. Still trying to figure out all the perks since Nemesis. Just got Ceno, Artist, and Onryo to 40 and starting to grind up Nemesis now.

Since I don’t have the luxury of trying every build option right now and experimenting, was hoping someone could just recommend a build.

Focal point being Artist perk Hex: Pentimento.

Idea is to get Survivors to do Bones.

I’m not overly concerned about winning or achieving the 5 Hex:Totems at once. Just consider this my meme build for trying to achieve 10 totem cleanses in a regular no farm lobby.

My Killer heart just loves when Survivors do the secondary objective.

Assuming I understood Penti correctly. If a totem is destroyed (be they Hex or not), I can see them and Rebuild+Hex them, and then survivors need to do them again? I realize after second time it’s destroyed for good.


Do survivors still take like 16 seconds on second time breaking bones or is it like a boon and they just snuff it out?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes, you can turn a broken totem into a hex totem that cannot be blessed and takes the normal amount of time to be cleansed.

    Wait, the way you word that makes me think that regular Hex Totems can be blessed. I haven’t been using Hex Totems, so all the boons were on Dull Totems. I was assuming they needed to be dull (no?)

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896757#Comment_2896757

    Wait, the way you word that makes me think that regular Hex Totems can be blessed. I haven’t been using Hex Totems, so all the boons were on Dull Totems. I was assuming they needed to be dull (no?)

    Survivors can, and often do, bless Hex Totems. When you cleanse them they become dull (they don't revert to Hex).

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    Hey, haven’t played in year or so. Still trying to figure out all the perks since Nemesis. Just got Ceno, Artist, and Onryo to 40 and starting to grind up Nemesis now.

    Since I don’t have the luxury of trying every build option right now and experimenting, was hoping someone could just recommend a build.

    Focal point being Artist perk Hex: Pentimento.

    Idea is to get Survivors to do Bones.

    I’m not overly concerned about winning or achieving the 5 Hex:Totems at once. Just consider this my meme build for trying to achieve 10 totem cleanses in a regular no farm lobby.

    My Killer heart just loves when Survivors do the secondary objective.

    Assuming I understood Penti correctly. If a totem is destroyed (be they Hex or not), I can see them and Rebuild+Hex them, and then survivors need to do them again? I realize after second time it’s destroyed for good.

    Do survivors still take like 16 seconds on second time breaking bones or is it like a boon and they just snuff it out?

    Hmm.

    I love Penti, but it has two huge holes.

    The first is that you need to physically go and set it up, which can waste time. For this reason, I generally only use penti on killers with high sustained mobility, like Wraith and Demo.

    The second is that you need to create the dead totems (Plaything is a classic way of doing this) and hope that you aren't facing one or more boons.

    I still use it a fair bit. Paired with Pain Resonance on slower killers and CoB on faster ones. It's a hugely underused perk.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318620/just-do-bones

    Hmm.

    I love Penti, but it has two huge holes.

    The first is that you need to physically go and set it up, which can waste time. For this reason, I generally only use penti on killers with high sustained mobility, like Wraith and Demo.

    The second is that you need to create the dead totems (Plaything is a classic way of doing this) and hope that you aren't facing one or more boons.

    I still use it a fair bit. Paired with Pain Resonance on slower killers and CoB on faster ones. It's a hugely underused perk.

    I read about Plaything but haven’t used it yet, but I’m glad to see it will do the job.

    If I could, I’d like to try this build on the Artist~

    Killer: Artist

    • Hex: Pentimento
    • Hex: Plaything
    • Hex: Thrill of the Hunt
    • Hex: Undying

    Because of the wacky nature of DbD, not sure how well these perks would compliment each other and the killer. The idea being…Pentimento primarily for game slowdown, Plaything to encourage doing the bones, then Thrill of the Hunt to slow down the cleansing and blessing speed, and Undying to reveal those at Dull totems and possibly saving Hex: TotH.

    Start the match with 3 Dull and 2 Hex, with 5 tokens on my Hex: TotH, giving 50% slowdown.

    So, Artist will send birds at any Dull totems being worked on, revealed by Undying - protecting them (hopefully if I’m paying attention), and that means only my 2 Hex are vulnerable. I’m protecting them assuming they are trying to boon them and not destroy. I’ll start downing and hooking while protecting dull totems from a distance and start triggering Hex: Plaything Value. The more it activates the less dull totems I need to protect.

    So now, survivors start taking awhile booning all these Hex Totems or just start destroying them. Obviously once they start destroying them I’ll start slowing the game down with Hex Penti. Either that or 3 survivors play the rest of the game oblivious.

    Since I’ve never used Undying with this new blessing power, never used Plaything, never used Thrill of the Hunt with Pentimento and I’m still learning Artist…have not the slightest clue if this would work lol

    What I don’t know

    • If survivors are highlighted by Undying, does the animation for breaking a totem or blessing them diff? Would I be able to tell when I should or should not protect the dull totem.
    • If Hex: TotH loses a token for a broken totem, will it gain it back when I use Hex: Penti?
    • If Hex: Plaything activates and a dull totem becomes Hex, then a survivor destroys this totem, will Hex: Undying try and activate? Extending a survivors Oblivious state. Wasn’t sure if this was a totem tied to a survivor in such a unique way that it would negate a trigger.

  • @Hi_Im_Chucky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896757#Comment_2896757

    Wait, the way you word that makes me think that regular Hex Totems can be blessed. I haven’t been using Hex Totems, so all the boons were on Dull Totems. I was assuming they needed to be dull (no?)

    Blessing a Hex Totem requires more time than a dull one. Though there even is an achievement for survivors to bless a Hex Totem x times!

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896765#Comment_2896765

    Blessing a Hex Totem requires more time than a dull one. Though there even is an achievement for survivors to bless a Hex Totem x times!

    I never realized it takes longer to bless Hex over dull, more reason to protect my dull until I can hex them. Thanks.