Make Skillchecks feel like they require attention
Make skill checks disable camera movement until they are completed.
This would give more value to perks like Unnerving Presence
Make skill checks disable camera movement until they are completed.
This would give more value to perks like Unnerving Presence
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
?
They should not do more skill checks overall. Like wiggling. Not everything needs to be skill checks.
What? OP did not say anything about making more skillchecks.
Honestly; skillchecks should be reworked to be a random WASD button (Or the equivalent in whichever part of the world one is playing in) when it pops up.
That would require more than 'Snore Snorrrrre Skillcheck-noise I press space! Snore'
"Oh, I ran into a problem repairing. If I'm not careful, I could mess this up and make things worse!" *While they're head is on a swivel doing a 360 looking for the killer*
It just doesn't make sense.
Thats my ?
Do you want the camera locked while you are repairing? Or only when a skill check appears? I don´t understand that.
Skill checks are not such a cool mechanic overall.
My second point is that there are already enough skill checks for my liking in the game. I don´t want more - better less.
Since I startet with dbd I alway thought it was strange that I am working on the Gen and can look direktly behind me
Not everything has to make sense. And, as you can clearly see, not everything makes sense in this game by "normal" laws.
True as long as we are hold captive by a spider God thingy things don't necessarily need to make sense. Maybe we could make a compromise and limit the angle of how far you can look around while working. This would buff the stealth killer a bit and spine chill and maybe makes working on a Gen a bit more tense
Changing the input to be more quicktime related would be interesting, as well as the camera lock while interacting with the Skill check itself. However, there are certain perks that make the latter harder to justify. Merciless Storm, Overcharge, and perks of such nature could cause minor issues.