Just curious about the Distance you hear gens

Does anyone know at what distance you hear gens being worked on?

Comments

  • If they haven't changed anything, then it's like 16 meters.


    https://youtu.be/vskbGIrNhI0


  • Obstacles impact sound too, even small prefabs for some reason. There are times I am literally standing next to a gen, but can't hear it at all because there is a sorting shelf and a wall between me and the gen.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    If they haven't changed anything, then it's like 16 meters.

    https://youtu.be/vskbGIrNhI0

    hmm, I don't really notice a difference in this video between base gens and technician

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2892441#Comment_2892441

    hmm, I don't really notice a difference in this video between base gens and technician

    yeah, it's incredibly subtle at max range. You can hear it if you crank up your headphones (like a 1-3 seconds you can sort of hear it) but admittedly, It's drowned out by the over all noise of the pistons anyway.

    It's not that good.

  • If it's the house of pain, then I can hear it after going downstairs and standing right next to it for 5 seconds. Faster to look at the pistons.

  • I don't know about base but:

    As stated Technician decreases the sound by 8M

    And Surveillance increases the sound by 8M

  • @Kurri said:

    Obstacles impact sound too, even small prefabs for some reason. There are times I am literally standing next to a gen, but can't hear it at all because there is a sorting shelf and a wall between me and the gen.

    Remember house of pain stairs it was like give one step and hear the gen give another step back you dont hear it anymore