Questions about excessive exposure of players

First of all, I apologize for my poor English, as my native language is not English.

I didn't know where to post this, so I am posting it here.

When I was watching a live streaming video of one of the distributors, there was a person who treated a player as a cheater because he lost, even though he was clearly not a cheater, and he proudly posted the information on Twitter.

I warned him several times that it was not cheating, but he did not listen to me and would not stop exposing people he thought were suspicious.

When I looked at what I had exposed, I found that even wall hacks had even been added, despite the fact that I had said in the distribution that I was "fast on my feet".

Can't the DBD management issue a warning via the official Twitter account regarding this kind of behavior?

I would like to hear from those who have been similarly exposed on Twitter.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • We only handle things that happen in the game itself, we do not have any control over what happens on other platforms. If you feel you are being harassed by this person on Twitter then please report to Twitter, however you would need to provide proof of harassment.

  • Thank you for taking the time to respond.


    As for the Twitter exposure, I understand.


    How about using the in-game reporting system to report someone who is obviously neither cheating nor being a nuisance, but is just playing in a way that is inconvenient for you?


    The reporting system was not originally designed to be used in such a self-centered manner.


    Isn't it important to understand the content of the reporting system, and to show the official view that reporting should be done based on that understanding?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Thank you for taking the time to respond.

    As for the Twitter exposure, I understand.

    How about using the in-game reporting system to report someone who is obviously neither cheating nor being a nuisance, but is just playing in a way that is inconvenient for you?

    The reporting system was not originally designed to be used in such a self-centered manner.

    Isn't it important to understand the content of the reporting system, and to show the official view that reporting should be done based on that understanding?

    Our Support team handle in-game reports, if they feel the reporting system is being abused, they will take appropriate action - however, that's rarely the case.

  • If I were you and any of this exposure happened on Twitch or whatever streaming service that was involved, I'd consider reporting it to them. Most streaming services really don't like it when a streamer does something that can be considered encouraging harassment. Not very familiar with how Twitter handles that kinda thing though so no clue if they'd take action to be honest.

    Because harassment and especially encouraging an audience to engage in it is never the right move. Even if there was cheating involved weird vigilante justice accomplishes nothing beyond giving the most vile people hiding in said audience an excuse to do their thing and harassment isn't the way, even though an actual cheater obviously deserves a ban. And with how common false "hackusations" are in gaming in general accepting and especially normalizing that sort of behavior is wrong, irresponsible and potentially straight up dangerous.

  • I won't name him but there's a big streamer who will often call me and my friends cheaters and try to belittle us in any way possible despite us doing nothing but playing the game. Make up lies about us too, it's weird - apparently I'm a comp DBD player too that just wants to stomp noobs?

    I don't know how these people gained an audience or why people watch them. They're horrible. I'll see people echoing in chat what the streamer says too.

    Just wanted to vent that here since it seems like you had a similar experience. It is scary when people with such big audiences publicly name you as a cheater.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    First of all, I apologize for my poor English, as my native language is not English.

    I didn't know where to post this, so I am posting it here.

    When I was watching a live streaming video of one of the distributors, there was a person who treated a player as a cheater because he lost, even though he was clearly not a cheater, and he proudly posted the information on Twitter.

    I warned him several times that it was not cheating, but he did not listen to me and would not stop exposing people he thought were suspicious.

    When I looked at what I had exposed, I found that even wall hacks had even been added, despite the fact that I had said in the distribution that I was "fast on my feet".

    Can't the DBD management issue a warning via the official Twitter account regarding this kind of behavior?

    I would like to hear from those who have been similarly exposed on Twitter.

    @Pepsidot said:

    I won't name him but there's a big streamer who will often call me and my friends cheaters and try to belittle us in any way possible despite us doing nothing but playing the game. Make up lies about us too, it's weird - apparently I'm a comp DBD player too that just wants to stomp noobs?

    I don't know how these people gained an audience or why people watch them. They're horrible. I'll see people echoing in chat what the streamer says too.

    Just wanted to vent that here since it seems like you had a similar experience. It is scary when people with such big audiences publicly name you as a cheater.

    Way back when, in the dusty recesses of 2020, I had about 100 hours on killer and found myself thrown up against a semi-well known streamer and his mates who were slumming it at low ranks by deranking, looking to stomp people on stream.

    I was playing Hag.

    Teabag clicky clicky vault vault, you know the drill.

    However, at one point he got cocky and ran into a trap, allowing me to down him, which turned into a few more downs and a fully charged Devour Hope - and I basically lucked into a win.

    They called me a cheater and put me on blast on Twitch - resulting in my Steam wall resembling the inside door of a men's room cubicle until I finally (and permanently) made it private.

    I reported them and while the other three didn't have anything happen to them, said streamer lost his Twitch account.

    There is also a semi-well known streamer from Eastern Europe that plays with blatant cheats (he was featured on an Otz video some months ago if I recall) and while he's been through a dozen DbD accounts and has probably been reported a squillion times, afaik Twitch has never banned him.

    Your best bet - report him to Twitch and cross your fingers.