Traps...

So I was watching one of the few Trapper mains on twitch and its embarrassing how often survivors escape traps by themselves in just one attempt. Doesn't seem very fair, is this ever gonna be addressed?

Comments

  • Watch out, saying the word Trapper makes Behavior fall to their knees in horror at the absolute Over Powered Hockey Monster he is. All jokes aside yeah he needs something.


    Side bar, what Trapper Mains were you watching? I know of Otz and Lefty, but is there someone else?

  • Well there's a simple solution to this problem, just run Wax Brick so they excape first try 33% slower :P

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Well there's a simple solution to this problem, just run Wax Brick so they excape first try 33% slower :P

    That's not a solution, to be fair, that slows the rate at which they "escape" from the trap, but the number of times is completely RNG. That's a big Strawman in this community "well just use this"

  • Traps need reworking imo.

    * Injured survivors should go into the dying state or atleast enter hemorrhage or broken upon getting out of a trap.

    * Dead hard shouldn't work on a trap. If you sprint over a landmine it'll still blow you up.

    * Traps should take time to break out of, not an RNG escape based mechanism.

    * Traps should come with grass 🍃 camo to help them blend in on grass maps

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2890383#Comment_2890383

    That's not a solution to be fair that slows the rate at which they "escape" from the trap but the number of times is completely RNG. That's a big Strawman in this community "well just use this"

    I was joking, don't worry lol.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Watch out, saying the word Trapper makes Behavior fall to their knees in horror at the absolute Over Powered Hockey Monster he is. All jokes aside yeah he needs something.

    Side bar, what Trapper Mains were you watching? I know of Otz and Lefty, but is there someone else?

    Yea Lefty, the true OG

  • My Trapper Fixes (All numbers are for example purposes, so don't assume 'OP' or 'UP' based on the numbers):

    1. Trapper can 'lob' traps while moving. They only go 3 meters, and then take 3-5 seconds to arm. In this way, they cannot be used to throw ahead of a running Survivor. But it allows the Trapper to place them on the move instead of spending 3/4 of the game time placing traps.
    2. The Trapper starts with all traps in his inventory. Unless using the add-on that starts with the traps opened. This way he is not spending another 3/4 of the map picking up his Killer power.
    3. Fix the damn map generation so traps will spawn in logical areas. For using above add-on.
    4. The traps are invisible outside 15 meters. This means SWF SWAT teams can't give the hive mind information on Trapper's traps. It also means a sprinting Survivor may step in it before he sees it, but a careful Survivor will see it before they step in it. It ALSO fixes how glaringly obvious his traps are on indoor maps.


    Boom. Trapper fixed.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Traps need reworking imo.

    * Injured survivors should go into the dying state or atleast enter hemorrhage or broken upon getting out of a trap.

    * Dead hard shouldn't work on a trap. If you sprint over a landmine it'll still blow you up.

    * Traps should take time to break out of, not an RNG escape based mechanism.

    * Traps should come with grass 🍃 camo to help them blend in on grass maps

    That the traps don't down you or atleast aplly something when you run into it injured is so strange. And it should take much longer to escape the trap on your own. Often when I play trapper and someone gets into my trap I donf reach them quick enough. That's like when huntress hits its hatchet but sometimes it just don't hurt you

  • I'm a trapper main. I can confirm. When I'm playing survivor I barely escape from traps before killer reach me. When I'm playing killer they are so fk lucky to escape with first attempt.

  • @Sakurra said:

    I'm a trapper main. I can confirm. When I'm playing survivor I barely escape from traps before killer reach me. When I'm playing killer they are so fk lucky to escape with first attempt.

    Played as Trapper a lot and I didn't find too many at all managing to escape before I got there. Should take 10 seconds or so instead of RNG imo.

  • I think RNG is fine, if the RNG was more controlled.

    As in it starts as a really low % chance to escape, and ramps to 100% for attempt 6, to prevent perma traps.

    Ex: -15/5/25/45/65/85/105%

  • @AngyKiller said:

    My Trapper Fixes (All numbers are for example purposes, so don't assume 'OP' or 'UP' based on the numbers):

    1. Trapper can 'lob' traps while moving. They only go 3 meters, and then take 3-5 seconds to arm. In this way, they cannot be used to throw ahead of a running Survivor. But it allows the Trapper to place them on the move instead of spending 3/4 of the game time placing traps.
    2. The Trapper starts with all traps in his inventory. Unless using the add-on that starts with the traps opened. This way he is not spending another 3/4 of the map picking up his Killer power.
    3. Fix the damn map generation so traps will spawn in logical areas. For using above add-on.
    4. The traps are invisible outside 15 meters. This means SWF SWAT teams can't give the hive mind information on Trapper's traps. It also means a sprinting Survivor may step in it before he sees it, but a careful Survivor will see it before they step in it. It ALSO fixes how glaringly obvious his traps are on indoor maps.

    Boom. Trapper fixed.

    All the changes are good but 2 is a bit much

  • Maybe, yeah. It's just silly that Trapper has to find and pick up his power.

    The Huntress does not have to wander the map for hatchets that spawn in the far corners. Hag does not need more mud to place her traps. Trickster does not need to pick up knives he threw.

    So the Trapper needing to meander the map, wasting upwards of 2-3 minutes, in 5-8 minute games, is really silly.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2890744#Comment_2890744

    Maybe, yeah. It's just silly that Trapper has to find and pick up his power.

    The Huntress does not have to wander the map for hatchets that spawn in the far corners. Hag does not need more mud to place her traps. Trickster does not need to pick up knives he threw.

    So the Trapper needing to meander the map, wasting upwards of 2-3 minutes, in 5-8 minute games, is really silly.

    Agreed. Traps should 100% spawn closer to the middle of the Map, or they spawn within 96 (maybe smaller) Meters of The Trapper at the start