Now we need "luck" rework
since BHVR is reworking the hemorrhage status, I wonder if one day they will rework the luck mechanic.
the luck mechanic is something that has been around for a long time in the game and definitely needs changes as its current state is not very good, it's quite sad that such an interesting mechanic is only used to increase the chances of escaping the hook and i believe there are ways to make the luck status more useful and fun to use.
Here are some ideas l had:
- luck now affects chests
- hitting good skill checks can become great skill checks
- missing a skill check, there is a chance that the killer will not be notified
- a higher chance to not disturb crows
- a higher chance to self-unhook (l know this already exists but i believe the odds should be a little higher, it shouldn't be guaranteed but just a little higher than the current state)
- a chance for positive status effect last longer ( i think this one can be quite fun)
But of course, everything will depend on the percentages of luck you have in the trial, let's say that all survivors brought lucky offerings that add up to a total of 20% luck, this means that there is a 20% chance that all the events mentioned above will happen.
Comments
Agreed, luck needs buffing. I didn’t even realize they took away its effect on bear traps. That literally only leaves a smaller self-unhooking chance, which is very risky. Definitely needs to affect the chances of a rarer item in chests at the very least. I also don’t mind your other ideas, except an even higher unhooking chance.
Random self-unhooks can completely turn a game around. I’ll never forget when it happened to me... (I was the killer, worked very hard to get them all slugged and then boom. One self-unhook literally turned a 4k into a 0k.)
I agree with expanding it to affect chests, but that's it. Unhook chances don't really need to be any higher. I do think Up the Ante could get a buff though (imo, just make it a constant 9% increase as long as the perk owner is still alive, regardless of how many other survivors are left).
Yeah it doesn't affect traps anymore and they also changed/repurposed all the addons that made bear trap escape less likely, so there's nothing that can decrease your chances either (the last of these addons were changed in 5.3.0 when they buffed trapper).
Or we just remove something nobody cares for.