6 Easy Fixes To Help Sadako Out.

So...the more I play this killer the more I realize how weak she is, especially as more survivors figure out how to play around her.

While I know BHVR aren't willing to help her out right now, I do hope that she gets the love she needs eventually.

To that purpose, here are 5 easy fixes to make her better.

  1. Get rid of the silly lullaby. There's no reason for her to have it, especially with her stealth being pretty weak as is.
  2. Rework Condemn. This is such a silly ability - so strong in theory that it's impossible to make useful without making it overpowered, as is. Instead - Condemned survivors can be instadowned, but not mori'd until they are on their final hook state (similar to PH). However, survivors will gradually gain Condemned progress while within 8m of an 'on' TV. This not only makes this a bit more interactive (and makes her secondary objective...actually a thing) but also stops it from being a problem.
  3. Apply the effects of Old Newspaper baseline. This is all but required for her to feel right, and...I hoped we were past the days of mandatory browns. New effect: after Manifesting, the Onryo sees the aura of all survivors within 6m for 2 seconds (helps navigation in corn/grass).
  4. Apply the effects of Reiko's Watch baseline. This isn't an especially strong addon, but it also helps her 'feel right'. New effect: While Demanifested, Sadako breaks pallets and kicks generators 40% faster.
  5. Apply the effects of Clump of Hair baseline. See Reiko's Watch. New effect: For 6 seconds after Manifesting, Sadako's attacks apply Mangled and Hemorrhage.
  6. Rework TV spawn logic. TVs will now reliably spawn facing towards the nearest generator, and will not be placed behind walls or on different floors. Right now, TVs are horribly RNG reliant - far too often completely useless because while they are technically close to a gen, they are on the floor below it, in a spot on the map nobody ever visits, facing a wall.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Seems fine to me, I might just make Condemned instant down at 5 stacks instead.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Seems fine to me, I might just make Condemned instant down at 5 stacks instead.

    They can play with the rate, but I think the 7 stacks corresponds to the whole '7 days' thing.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2883883#Comment_2883883

    They can play with the rate, but I think the 7 stacks corresponds to the whole '7 days' thing.

    Maybe but I think it's sort of silly to let that stop her from having a viable ability.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2883887#Comment_2883887

    Maybe but I think it's sort of silly to let that stop her from having a viable ability.

    Just tweak the rate - it can stay at 7 stacks, but fills up much faster.

  • Sounds like work. Got any incremental number changes that can fix her?

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2883890#Comment_2883890

    Just tweak the rate - it can stay at 7 stacks, but fills up much faster.

    Hmm.

    I'm surprised you didn't mention her 100 second TV cooldown. If Survivors are gonna be doing tapes more often, I might knock that down a lot.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2883892#Comment_2883892

    Hmm.

    I'm surprised you didn't mention her 100 second TV cooldown. If Survivors are gonna be doing tapes more often, I might knock that down a lot.

    That's fair, but it's something I wouldn't want to fiddle with too much - as it's by far her strongest thing.

    I'd rather focus on shoring up her other weaknesses, because aside from traversal, she sucks worse than a wet fart from a wet dog.

  • Rework ultra rare add-on and iridescent shards give she can instant kill like michael.

    Survivor can't remove condemn.

    20220404_102119.gif


  • If I weren't lazy I would copy and paste these ideas, but I am so I'm just going to copy the link instead

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    As I've previously stated, I believe Sadako is in a pretty good spot currently. That doesn't mean I don't think she could use a few buffs, along with some nerfs to balance out the proposed buffs, to feel more "threatening", especially her Condemnation mechanic.

    Here are the changes I thought of:

    -Sadako should not have a Lullaby while demanifested.

    She's the only stealth Killer we currently have that has a Lullaby and also has the Undetectable Status Effect.

    -Sadako should not lose speed while demanifesting.

    I don't think Sadako should slow down when she turns Undetectable, as it makes her feel clunky and doesn't really serve a gameplay purpose.

    She should however keep her slowdown whenever she does exit her stealth

    -TV's should have a 24 Meter Condemn-Radius.

    16 Meters is a bit little in my opinion, and 24 Meters would also fix the problem with TV's spawning in a wonky position, not allowing them to condemn Survivors.

    -Projection TV cooldown should be lowered to 60 seconds.

    100 seconds is too long, it's longer than a whole Generator.

    -Bloody Fingernail Add-on should be base-kit.

    Her current speed boost upon projecting to a TV is a bit short. Either make the Bloody Fingernail Add-on base-kit or buff the base-kit by 25% and nerf the Add-on to a 25% boost.

    -Condemnation now builds up passively, 1 stack every 25 seconds, once a Survivor gets 3 stacks of Condemnation from either Projection or from turning TV's off.

    This would make Condemnation more threatening if a Survivor decides to ignore it.

    -Holding a Tape would increase the passive Condemnation build up by 20%.

    With this change, holding a Tape while having 3 or more stacks would be extremely dangerous and would force Survivors to quickly remove the Condemnation.

    -Well Stone Add-on should be buffed to 7.5 seconds.

    If turning a TV off disabled it by 75 seconds, this Add-on should be buffed aswell.

    -Fully condemned Survivors should be Exposed.

    This would help Sadako deal with how quickly the Tape can be inserted after getting a hit.

    Here are a few nerfs she could have to balance out her buffs:

    -Turning off a TV's turns it off for 75 seconds.

    This would make turning off a TV more practical and useful, while also making Survivors interact with the Condemnation mechanic more.

    -Cabin Sign Add-on should get nerfed to 7.5 seconds.

    If the Projection cooldown were to get buffed to 60 seconds, this Add-on should get nerfed aswell.

    -Condemnation stacks, when carrying a Tape, should increase every 35 seconds.

    With Sadako's Condemnation being more potent now that it passively build up every 25 seconds along with the range of the TV's being buffed to 24 Meters, holding a Tape earlier on shouldn't be as punishing.

    These were a few buffs and nerfs I thought off that Sadako could receive to be more potent. If anyone has feedback or changes of their own, they'd be greatly appreciated