Patch Notes (My Ideas)
GENERATOR SPEED CHANGES
BRAND NEW PARTS
We want to keep Brand New Parts true to their name, but we want them to focus less on gen speed and more on the Toolboxes themselves
Brand New Part- Each skill check will reward you for charges spent on the toolbox back to 100% after which the addon will disappear.
"Additional Charge Speed Addons will not be refunded"
Clean Rag
10% --> 2%
Socket Swivels
30% --> 5%
We've decided to reduce the percentages on Clean Rag & Socket Swivels because we feel they give a huge boost to Gen Speeds and because of that we've toned them down. We believe toning these addons down is important for better length matches.
Spine Chill
While we think Spine Chill is within a good place, we've opted to remove the bonus for generator speed; we would rather this perk be used for information and chases and last ditch healing while opting out of it being used for generator bonuses.
THE TRAPPER
It's no secret that Trapper needs something else as he's currently not looked at as a threat, nor is he strong in comparison to other killers and because of that we want to bring him to level with other killers.
Bear Trap- We've decided to make it so anytime a Trap is active within 3 meters of Trapper he gains a 2% speed boost.
The idea behind this is Trapper has very little to offer within a chase; we want to give him more incentive to trap while also giving him better chase potential and more reason for Survivors to deactivate his traps and more reason for him to place them. We will be keeping an eye out and will make changes as needed.
THE SHAPE
Everyone's favorite Haddionfield boogeyman has found himself getting the wrong end of the stick as of late, so we've decided to implement some changes.
Evil Within- The Shape becomes obsessed with one Survivor at the start of the trial stalking the obsession will grant him bonus power-up speed.
While his power remains the same, we think adding the obsession bonus is just enough to bring him into line.
Tombstone Piece
We've decided to rework this addon; while it's a beloved addon for Micheal Myers, we feel it's not in line with the vision we have for him.
Tombstone Piece- Now Grants the Ability to Mori your Obsession
While this remains the same, we wanted to remove the ability to Mori at random with this Addon and instead opted to give you the ability to only mori your Obsession.
Finally, let me know what you guys think of these changes, is this something you guys could get behind? Please also understand the percentages are my own estimate, so keep in mind these can and should change if Behavior ran with them, the Feedback should reflect if you do like where it's going or not.
Comments
We have removed the following perks from the game until further notice: Survivor Perk - Dead Hard / Killer Perk - N.O.E.D.
FIXED
Yeah are you a Dev though?
What does that even mean no I'm not a Dev does that mean I can't suggest changes? and format them lmao. Scott Jund wasn't a dev and did something similar.
No I was hoping you was thats all.
Ah I see.
There is a perk that does a better effect as "prove thyself"
It's called Guardian.
Spine Chill is fine bro, 6% isn't a big deal and only if you are looking at the survivor.
2% and 5% bonus are just trash, not worth thousands of BP.
You're complaining about genrush, that's my conclusion.
Anything to claw back gen speed. Dear god it's ridiculous against a comm squad.
The prove thyself change doesn’t work because Guardian exists already. I don’t disagree with changing it though.
Your "Conclusion" would be wrong I'm looking at one area of the game that could use improvement it's also important to keep in mind the % are my idea that has room for discussion, everything does, instead of coming off aggressive, be more open to discussion geez this community can be so soft sometimes.
Yeah I've opted to remove the Prove Thyself idea forgot Guardian applied the speed boost already.
This is focusing on another area of the game. Dead Hard is being addressed already will take time, just like Patrick said secondly, NOED isn't something I'd add to this section it's not focusing on the area I'm looking at.
Not really. They are just disabling them in general. You heard what they said in my notes above. No arguing with devs. :P
While I do not agree with a lot of the ideas here.
I do want to say:
Bravo.
I want to see more community members posting ALL of their ideas.
I hope this takes off as a trend.
People should feel like posting all of their constructive changes like they're the devs - see what sticks!
I really like the Tombstone Piece idea - because it fits with his theme, has synergy with his perks, and can be a valuable addon while also giving it a much needed nerf!
Thank you for being a constructive and creative member of the community!
Hey, thanks again, it's all about spitballing ideas; you never know what good ideas are out there until people speak up glad you liked the Tombstone Piece Idea!