If I buy a Steam key for a DLC, can I use it on Epic Games?
I play Killer on Epic Games and I wanted to get a key for the Stranger Things DLC. I stupidly bought a Steam Key instead without even thinking about it. Question is, is the DLC code still valid if I use it on Epic? I'm guessing not but I thought I'd ask.
Comments
Can you enter a Netflix gift card on your Amazon account?
No.
Epic and Steam are not related - they are 2 different companies - so that doesn´t work.
Sadly no Stranger Things on Epic ever.
Didn’t need to be a dick about it, Jesus. If I bought a cdkey for the Stranger Things bundle, I’ve seen people say that you can link the accounts together to get the progress on both. Is that true?
Sorry - should not be mean.
Only some forget that Steam and Epic are different companies.
Click on Info & Help at top of the screen. I don´t know if this includes your dlc. A Mod has to answer that.
What platforms is Cross-Progression on?
As of right now, cross-progression is between Steam, Stadia and Epic Games Store.
Will I be able to transfer all my purchases to a different platform?
For the most part yes, however Auric Cells and some virtual goods will not transfer due to licencing restrictions.
You can do it if you have the game on the two stores. So you will have to buy a new key of DBD on steam.
Then you have to link your two accounts (epic and steam) to your behaviour account here : https://account.bhvr.com/ .
I done it.
@Mark_123 was right when he said Auric Cells aren't synchronised.