Exit gate nuisance

Survivors waiting at the exit gate and waiting out the end game collapse timer is annoying to deal with and is basically holding the game hostage. Survivors are obsessed with making sure the killer watches them leave.

can we like add something so that if you’re in the exit gate area for a certain amount of time (not doing a healing action) that the survivor automatically leaves?

Comments

  • You can always push them out, or go break pallets/walls. When playing as Plague I like to vomit on objects for points.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    You can always push them out, or go break pallets/walls. When playing as Plague I like to vomit on objects for points.

    Doesn’t make it less annoying that I HAVE to do that to move onto the next game.

  • @HagathaSimmons said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879880#Comment_2879880

    Doesn’t make it less annoying that I HAVE to do that to move onto the next game.

    2 to 4 minutes till you next game. If they don't open the gates open them yourself even if that is not your job. If you don't want to push them out then get up and walk around till they leave. It is not holding the game hostage to wait to the last minute because you get a few (and I mean a sad amount) of points for staying. If I am in the gate and someone is on the hook and there is more then 2 of us I may be trying to distract you so the other can save. THERE IS A TIME LIMIT TO HOW LONG SURVIVORS CAN STAY BEFORE DYING.

  • If you’re waiting at the exit gate you’re doing an awful job at distraction.

    just leave, how about that.

  • @HagathaSimmons said:

    If you’re waiting at the exit gate you’re doing an awful job at distraction.

    just leave, how about that.

    If you are by me and not them I am doing my job so how about don't dictate how I play and I will give you the same. 2-4mins you might have to wait.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879999#Comment_2879999

    If you are by me and not them I am doing my job so how about don't dictate how I play and I will give you the same. 2-4mins you might have to wait.

    how about you still leave and not dictate what I feel like dictating

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I know it is annoying but it's not even close to basically holding the game hostage. I don't give them the satisfaction. I go wait in the basement.

    On a side note, the amount of times after being killed I go back and watch the rest of the game and I see a lone survivor at the exit gate t-bagging constantly when the killer isn't even there. I'm like "Why?" who are you doing this for? Do people really get that excited at the thought that just maybe the killer will see this so they stay and do it?

    Lmao yes, they do get excited. It’s so weird.

    it’s my loose interpretation of “holding the game hostage” because even though the game is already over I as killer can’t move onto the next match while they are still at the gate waiting for me to watch them leave.

    I also don’t give them the satisfaction of making me hit them to leave, I do wait it out but it’s annoying that I HAVE to.

  • If there is still someone on hook or slugged you should have time till the timer runs out but if every living survivor is in the gate area the entity should suck them out. Survivor often complain about bleeding out and that it's just a waste of time. So guess what waiting a millimeter from the gate so you can be a bit cocky without being in danger is wasting time to

  • @HagathaSimmons said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2880039#Comment_2880039

    Lmao yes, they do get excited. It’s so weird.

    it’s my loose interpretation of “holding the game hostage” because even though the game is already over I as killer can’t move onto the next match while they are still at the gate waiting for me to watch them leave.

    I also don’t give them the satisfaction of making me hit them to leave, I do wait it out but it’s annoying that I HAVE to.

    Holding the game hostage would be like...

    Bodyblocking a survivor (when EGC cannot trigger) or killer being stuck for a reason or another and survirors not triggering EGC.

    And as Starrseed mentioned, not leaving during egc is somewhat similiar to bleeding out. Except killers do have more power over this scenario.