Any advice for a new clown player for a 4k game and same advice for a spirit

I'm hitting the adept trophys and there my last 2 and while I like to broadcast my games I feel bad at the bad ping sometimes so I try to warn before hand to any English players

Comments

  • I can help with spirit!

    She's VERY difficult to play, you may get horrible games at first.
    Try her without addons, and then try with addons. They seriously help.
    I suggest speed boosting addons the most.
    The #1 best addon (for stats) is the yakuyoke amulet.
    The prayer beads bracelet is VERY strong and allows amazing gen grabs.
    The two reappearance addons are very fun and quite deadly.
    Pair those ^ with decreased activation charges and you can get easy hits.
    I personally don't care for faster recovery speed, it's almost never been necessary.
    Father's glasses help tremendously with tracking.
    However, tracking is very difficult with the Mother-Daughter Ring, but you gain immense speed.
    The increases to phasing frequency is meh.

    The spirit has the potential to have map pressure, with the right addons and perks. (BBQ)

    When it comes to pallet loops, (including the killer shack) she can almost always win.
    Open areas with a pallet are easy. Just stand still and wait for their next move. They might either run back into you or they'll leave the loop. If they leave the loop, look where they're going, then go into phase and get em.
    They can't hear you phasing while they're in your terror radius btw.
    With the killer shack, pretend to vault and see which door they go out. Just stand at the window ( when she actually vaults, she just teleport to the other side so they will think you're vaulting if you're still) phase, and get the free hit.

    Just try out different combos of addons and find what you like the best!
    She's the best for mind games . :)

  • @blue4zion said:
    I can help with spirit!

    She's VERY difficult to play, you may get horrible games at first.

    Had a laugh.
    But hey , maybe not everyone is as good as me playing her, who knows.

  • @BigBubs said:

    @blue4zion said:
    I can help with spirit!

    She's VERY difficult to play, you may get horrible games at first.

    Had a laugh.
    But hey , maybe not everyone is as good as me playing her, who knows.

    I have so much fun with her now :)) Couldn't believe how many games I had 4 gens left at rank 1.
    I struggled with her at first and hated her xD

  • Spirit is a great killer and also viable at low rank. I hit rank 1 my first time using her. I find that using a headset really helps with her. In phase walk it is easier to track survivors by there footsteps or groans if you have hit them.
    When using her power try to predict where they are going and cut them off when they are running around objects or buildings instead of directly chasing the scratch marks. Remember the scratch marks are delayed. Your ears are not. As soon as you hear them close pop out of phase walk and go for the lunge. It takes practice but once you get good at this survivors will have a very hard time winning a chase.
    My last tip is to not be afraid to use spirits power to quickly run between gens. Spirit has great map control and even if you see a survivor and have to wait for phase to recharge, dont panic! Spirit can catch up to anyone in short order. This lets you keep people off of generators,  and then get back to hooks quickly. She is really great! 

    I love her long time 

  • She's a beast once you learn her, just as hard as nurse to master but oh so much more rewarding, especially when you destroy a 4 man swf with 4 items including 4 flashlights. It's all about patience with her and out thinking the survivors.
    '
    If your using common and uncommon addons then choose a smaller map that you an move across more easily. If you get a larger map then be strategic and tactical with her phasing and try and use it out of los.

    For perks Rancor rank III is great, BBQ for the bonus bp and also general location the same for Bitter Murmur and then I round it off with Agitation for faster transporting. If you can get Monitor and Abuse on her that's great too in place of Agitation.

    I'll screw around with Distressing if I've got really good addons for more of a mind game build and you can also throw NOED in there for the 4k. But ignore all Hexes with ehr for the most part even Haunted Ground. With her once they see you they'll assume you've got Haunted Ground.

    If they don't see any lit totems quite often they'll ignore them even at red ranks since Ruin isn't up. IF you go the NOED route you'll really want to use Yamaoka amulet and Prayer Beads if you can get it. Don't use Black Wards or Mori's since those are a dead giveaway.

    For offerings go with something like Deviousness for max Haunting points but also some misdirection since they'll assume Wraith. Always remember to try and phase outside your teror radius to where you think they're at/going. When you phase behind an object they can't see it coming and if you're in a chase don't be too obvious about it.

    When around loopable areas mix and match the phasing, stand still and act like you're phasing but don't while other times do it but moe a small distance. You want to be inconsistent with how you phase even at the same spot to keep them off balance.

    Try missing a few times on purpose early if you get a group of potatoes and make them get overconfident if it's a good group. You should never ignore the obsession you want to scare the crap out of them by hitting/chasing them if they're who you end up after.

    If you can hook them once or 2x the other survivors will get scared and want to save that person in case you have Dying Light or something like that. The obsession if they don't get rescued might just suicide as a middle finger to no one for getting them.

    That works out because if they're a swf Obsession they can no longer tell anyone where you're at when gens are done. If not well the rest are that much closer to getting whacked.

    Now for the neaky part, if you think they might have Spine Chill when going to a gen don't look right at it until the very last second when phasing. IF you can deduce it's Premonition then move towards them and change directions to a different angle of attack.

  • Thanks guys for the help as I said doing adepts but these sound fun for later on