I think Surge finally got fixed.
This is only one occurrence, I would need to encounter surge more to conclusively say this.
But for a long time Surge would proc on a gen and survivors just wouldn't react to it and would just keep working on the gen as if nothing happened. This completely removed any information you could get from surge unless you happen to have surveillance on.
I just encountered a plague running the perk and I actually screamed when she downed a nearby survivor with her surge proc'd. I hope it's actually fix and I didn't encounter a unicorn situation.
Comments
I never knew it made you scream, I just thought gens in the radius would loss progress
It did on release and then after one patch it just didn't anymore.
The plague was likely running Infectious Fright since it's one of her perks. I don't remember Surge ever making survivors scream.
I genuinely do not ever remember Surge making people scream + I've been using it on Freddy since D1. Are you 300% sure there wasn't Infectious Fright involved?
It did on release. Surge would give a sound notification if a gen hit had survivors working on it. Then it stopped working a few patches later. I made a bug report about it like 2 years ago, but it never gain much traction, because Surge was never a popular perk at the time. I used Surge a lot of Ghostface, because it was an alt to Infectious Fright.
And no there was no Infectious Fright in the match.
"Instantly explode" in the perk description would make you think you would scream.
Eruption and Pain Resonance clearly say the survivors scream. I don’t recall Surge ever saying or functioning in this way, as others have said.
The screams that survivors do when missing a skillcheck isn't the same as a normal scream
I think what OP is referring to is when Surge used to make people play the 'missed skillcheck' animation when it procced, whereas at some point it was changed so that there was no interuption and survivors just kept working on the generator like nothing happened. The progress still paused I think but survivors weren't knocked off it