Kill rates on different killers?

I'm thinking of recording some data on different killers to see how I do with each one. However, with MMR there could be a bias (either for me or against me) with the killers I don't play regularly. How many games do you think I should play to get a decent, or at least semi decent, sample? 10 per killer? 15? 20? More?

Theoretically, it should balance out to 2K on the average but that's on a macro scale of all players. I'm looking more for what the kill rate is for each player. Some people have done similar things before: what did you find useful and what was a waste of time to record?

Comments

  • I am a believer that the game is what it is. Some maps favor killer, some favor survivor. That is balance. Some good perks, some meta, some meme. I think it is incumbent on the players to adapt.

  • Perhaps, I don't aspire for high mmr and try to avoid it. Meh, I will admit you are correct but... survivors outnumber killers.

  • That Twins pick rate still blows my mind. Don't think we've ever had a killer have such a low pick rate before.

  • That's macro from all players. I'm interested in my individual kill rates. (eg. If one player 4Ks every match and another 0Ks every match, that's still 2K on the average)

    • That chart is three months old and predates the Ringu chapter.
    • Overall average kill rates across the entire game could easily be different from what the original poster’s kill rates are. If the goal is self reflection to see what killers the poster does best with than the overall chart from all matches isn’t that relevant.
  • @Garboface said:

    I am a believer that the game is what it is. Some maps favor killer, some favor survivor. That is balance. Some good perks, some meta, some meme. I think it is incumbent on the players to adapt.

    There really isn't any map that favor killers. Even the maps people do consider "killer-sided" still have strengths for the survivors.

    Shelter Woods - 2nd Largest map in the game. It lacks strong tiles which can really hurt against killers who have mobility, but most killers do have mobility which can lead them to still struggle to pressure the gens which are spread out.

    Dead Dawg - A small map that makes it easier for killers to patrol. But has a few really strong tiles that require killers to spend time breaking down walls to make manageable and many gens are just really difficult to defend due to being on a higher level.

    Whereas practically every survivor sided map is just bad for every killer. There might be a few exceptions like RPD is alright for Wraith whose mobility isn't hindered by the layout and can take better advantage of his stealth.

  • Two of my favorite killers are hag (I don't traps hooks) and nurse. They don't struggle but you're right, some of the other killers are heavily reliant on survivor mishaps on some of these maps...or they tunnel like a mother and end up getting killers nerfed more.

  • @Garboface said:

    Two of my favorite killers are hag (I don't traps hooks) and nurse. They don't struggle but you're right, some of the other killers are heavily reliant on survivor mishaps on some of these maps...or they tunnel like a mother and end up getting killers nerfed more.

    Are you still playing Hag despite her current bugs?

  • I haven't for a couple weeks as nurse on ps4 is better than as of her return. What are the hag bugs?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860985#Comment_2860985

    That Twins pick rate still blows my mind. Don't think we've ever had a killer have such a low pick rate before.

    It's those point-blank misses people got tired of.

  • Don't listen to the kill rates period. They're misleading. No competent survivors are dying to Freddy and Pig like 70% of the time or whatever those ridiculous stats said that one time. The casuals are massively skewing the results.

  • What bugs does Hag have? I played her and didn't notice anything.

  • Perks also play into who lives V who dies

    All you need to do is write who the killer was and how many Survivors died/ escaped... seeing how this is a personal matter

    @TheSubstitute

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860985#Comment_2860985

    That Twins pick rate still blows my mind. Don't think we've ever had a killer have such a low pick rate before.

    CoH killed twins, she used to be really good before boon totems were introduced. But now she’s just miserable to play and you will struggle to get any hooks.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861341#Comment_2861341

    What bugs does Hag have? I played her and didn't notice anything.

    Strange.

    _ The camera of survivors doesn't always turn toward the trap (and no, I'm not speaking about them taking the trap on a tangent).

    _ The teleportation lunge doesn't work properly (if at all)

    The best Hag out there has also got the issue so I know it's not just me.

    The bugs are already reported.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2861466#Comment_2861466

    Strange.

    _ The camera of survivors doesn't always turn toward the trap (and no, I'm not speaking about them taking the trap on a tangent).

    _ The teleportation lunge doesn't work properly (if at all)

    The best Hag out there has also got the issue so I know it's not just me.

    The bugs are already reported.

    Actually, I felt a lack of strength with her when I played her, since I took a long break from her. I was seeing survivors trigger my traps and be running so far already, and I'm like HOW.