Hook spawns need more work.

I keep getting maps that don't have enough hooks. Some games are fine and then you just get that one every now and then that has a giant dead zone once you use the single hook in it.

I had a game on the swamp where there was only one hook near the killer shack and nothing else within reach. It's like the game thought the basement was in the shack, but it was in the main building. As expected survivors figured it out and ran to the shack to die so i couldn't reach a hook.

Midwich Is another offender that can cause problems after the reduction in hooks. Especially if survivors use Petrified oak offerings.

Farm maps also have issues where it just spawns one hook in the middle of a field and doesn't register that if survivors run to the corner of the map after it is used that you can't reach anything else.

Why did they change it in the first place?

Anyone else having experiences like this?

Comments

  • I have occasionally. On both ends. Makes me wonder why they don't designate the corners of the map to have a hook spawn, and work the random spawns inward from there.

  • Midwich, swamp maps, Crotus Prenn maps, Dead Dawg, Suffocation Pit, and so many more.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Midwich, swamp maps, Crotus Prenn maps, Dead Dawg, Suffocation Pit, and so many more.

    They shouldn't be making the killers objective harder or even impossible for no reason... I know survivors constantly complain about wiggling doing nothing, but why should they be able to escape the killers grasp for hitting space a couple of times without a team effort?

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2858512#Comment_2858512

    They shouldn't be making the killers objective harder or even impossible for no reason... I know survivors constantly complain about wiggling doing nothing, but why should they be able to escape the killers grasp for hitting space a couple of times without a team effort?

    You're preaching to the choir. Not everyone though. Some will justify to the death that this is a non-issue. "You're just bad at hook management. This is necessary to discourage camping." That kind of stuff.

    I just use basic reasoning, like the fact that killers shouldn't have a hard time hooking someone once they've put in the time and effort to down them. Simple as that.

  • I've run into hook problems on Midwich in particular, even without a hook offering being used and even before consuming a hook with a sacrifice. There have been instances where there just wasn't a hook seemingly anywhere within reach. Something with that map definitely feels like it's been changed regarding hook spawns.