How to Counter Nurse

I've been seeing a ton of posts about nurse recently and most of the comments are saying how the god tier nurse players are unbeatable.


For starters I believe that basic kit nurse is balanced. So nurse without add-ons. Now I will explain the counter play.


You do not loop nurse like a normal killer. You use line of sight blockers and unpredictable movement.

LOS blockers requires the nurse to make a guess which if they guess wrong they will lose distance on the survivor.

Unpredictable movement is simply not being predictable with your movement. Like pretending to double back then later on actually doubling back. Strange movement will throw off nurse players since they will be trying to predict you.


Now I know someone is going to comment but that doesn't work on a god tier nurse. If you watch gameplay of the best nurse players there are times when they have to abandon a chase with a survivor.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    Nurse is the dam that holds the rest of the roster back.

    People said the exact same thing about billy before his gutting.

    Did gutting Billy change anything?

    If not do you think doing the same to the nurse will change anything?

    The truth is that nothing is holding the roster back other then the developers themselves.

  • @GreenDemo said:

    Exactly, nice of you to write those tips.

    I guess the only problem now is no counter play to a nurse using add-ons. I mean the counterplay is still the same, but yknow. Recharge let's the nurse be more agressive, range let's traverse even faster, and one additional blink is just "easy mode" as someone said.

    Still a fairly balanced killer without add-ons. (Balanced as in the expertise she requires to use her power well)

    That is why I mentioned that I believe basic kit nurse is balanced. Once add-ons are in the picture you can catch up to survivors even if you make a ton of mistakes

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    I've been seeing a ton of posts about nurse recently and most of the comments are saying how the god tier nurse players are unbeatable.

    For starters I believe that basic kit nurse is balanced. So nurse without add-ons. Now I will explain the counter play.

    You do not loop nurse like a normal killer. You use line of sight blockers and unpredictable movement.

    LOS blockers requires the nurse to make a guess which if they guess wrong they will lose distance on the survivor.

    Unpredictable movement is simply not being predictable with your movement. Like pretending to double back then later on actually doubling back. Strange movement will throw off nurse players since they will be trying to predict you.

    Now I know someone is going to comment but that doesn't work on a god tier nurse. If you watch gameplay of the best nurse players there are times when they have to abandon a chase with a survivor.

    Nurse is an odd killer.

    *In theory*, she's nearly unbeatable.

    In reality, unless she's bringing her craziest addons, she's...streaky.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314643/how-to-counter-nurse

    Nurse is an odd killer.

    *In theory*, she's nearly unbeatable.

    In reality, unless she's bringing her craziest addons, she's...streaky.

    That's why I said that I think base kit nurse is balanced

1 2 ›