Afk pig and goalie twins
Seen both of these a few times now because of a popularity spike for some reason. I know these are made to spite on the kills and skill arguement. But i feel the fact both of these is even a thing in the first place needs addressed first. Afk pig can just get a 4k by just being lucky. And goalie twins is just tunneling the obsession out and bodyblocking the gate until remember me and no way out kills the survivors (if they come to your gate first). Like im all for your allowed to play how ya want, but both of these just makes the match a borefest. Afk pig otz already suggested the iri shouldn't allow you to die from exit gates. And goalie twins...i don't really know. Bodyblocking with both of them has been a thing for a while now. Maybe allow survivors to be able to go between them? Anyone else faced these builds and have an idea on how the devs could fix them?
Comments
It’s not about fun it’s about sending a message
To be fair even under the old system people would still use these builds to just troll people and get a reaction. That's just trolls in video games for ya. So even with the mmr system i don't think popularizing builds like these to spite the devs is a good approach. It's troll gameplay and gives access to people who will just do it to be "that guy". Like how under old ranking system bubba was punished for facecamping. A lot of bubba's did it just for their own enjoyment.
‘Tell your developers they work for me now.’
Goalie twins is simply the best way to play hockey
AFK Pig I strongy disapprove of. What's Goalie Twins?
Beat me to it.
The Twins player runs a strong end game build, opens one exit gate and blocks the access to it (as Victor has collision while actively being controlled, and Charlotte has collision while dormant). Typically by the time survivors figure out what’s up, they don’t have time to open the other gate.
They're just more skilled
I'm pretty sure Charlotte loses collision after 30 seconds of her being dormant
You could be right, I have no idea. Obviously though the issue is the bodyblocking collision by both is preventing people from going out the exits.
Source? I’ve never experienced or heard that before.
Sounds like a skill issue. If you can't beat these incredibly skillful play styles, your mmr will drop and you'll face less skilled killers. That's what sbmm is all about after all.
It’s only to block one exit gate using both Victor and Charlotte at the same choke. The other exit gate is still fair game.
This is from the DbD Wiki. It could be wrong, I don't usually play Twins, I'm sure I've walked through Charlotte as Victor atleast once
The maps demonstrated in the streamers who did it were impassable chokes. RPD and Lery’s.
Right I get how it works. The trick is that the killer has so much Exit gate slowdown on their loadout that they open their gate and block it and, if the survivors don’t -immediately- go to the other gate and open it they lose.
They added this in patch 4.7.0. From the wiki:
Dormant State Collision Deactivation timer: 30 seconds
When the streamers who popularized this played with goalie twins theyd just swap to victor everytime the survivor would get close. And just cycle back and forth.
Yes but they run no way out and remember me to make it so if the survivor wastes any time trying to get past them. (I think they have 27 seconds to get to the other gate and open it before the egc would kill them minusing the time from remember me and no way out). This is also played on lerys where there actually isnt enough room to get between both. (The small doorway to go out to the exit gates)
Edit:sorry didnt see your other message before i posted mine lol. You get it now though.
Thank you both! I'm not sure how long Victor must be idle to be crushable, but I suppose the streamers bypassed it by quickly swapping back and forth when the survivors were getting nearby.
Survivors could still escape if someone let themselves get downed then hooked, unless they don't like taking a hit for the team in which case, everyone dies
I honestly think Goalie Twins takes so much effort to pull off that any survivors who fall prey to it kinda deserved it, or died fairly. The only thing I really don't like about it is that Remember Me is the only remaining obsession perk that rewards killing the obsession ASAP (as long as you've hit them four times prior, which isn't difficult). If that were changed, the build might suffer a bit more.
If I see a Twins player, dead obsession earlier on, and minimal effort after that point.. yeah, I can anticipate this build.
How? Victors not gonna hit them. The twins player just has victor stand beside charolette and the survivors cant get between them both because the lerys door is to small? And they just keep cycling between them both to make sure you can't crush victor and charolette doesn't lose collision. Because the collision time resets everytime you control charolette.
If they're going to switch back to Charlotte so they don't lose collision, you'd have enough time to kick Victor
Even with Ceremonial Candelabrum?
I guess its more a noobstomper strategy if you don't know the rules of a character. (Like how many people here knew charolette lost collision? I didn't)
Probably, as Charlotte goes through a 3 second fatigue after switching from Victor to Charlotte, which is a huge amount of time
The way I'm seeing it described here, I'd be surprised if this wasn't something that could be overcome with the right mindset. It doesn't seem like AFK Pig which boils down completely to RNG from the very beginning of the game.
Yeah now that I've seen it and i know how charolette works it probably wouldn't be very effective. Id instantly head to opposite gate or mindgame the charollete to force her to swap back to regain collision then kick victor. It's more of a noobstomper thing. I was not aware of the 30 second rule for charolette. Afk pig just needs a rework to the addon or allow boxes to be searched from all angles.
I'd be in favor of re-working the add-on. It seems like a complete bust to me.
Exactly. For the full potential of Goalie Twins, the killer needs to:
Way more involvement than 'sit in front of box and see what happens strat'.
goalie twins just sounds funny, honestly.