tell me 1 thing that will make you return to DBD after leaving the game for good or for a long break
Personally, if they would revert deathslinger's nerfs I could see myself returning, the fact he got nerfed so hard took away a big big part of the enjoyement I had in this game, of course there's many other issues that would make me return, but deathslinger nerfs were what truly started to make me lose interest into the game after 3.7K hours and playing since 1.0.0.
Comments
A dead hard nerf or FNAF chapter.
Skill based MMR is probably the biggest for me. But aside from that, actually listening to the community would be a great place to start.
Memories of the game. I remember how fun it is and just wait until the burnout goes away. Coming back after a while and just playing for fun makes the game feel really fresh.
FNAF will probably do it. I am feeling a bit of burnout from grinding so hard for Sadako, so I might take a short break, but definitely expect to return for anniversary. I still love the game, but I was forcing myself to do so many annoying challenges and play WAY too much survivor for a healthy mental state.
None. I have temporarily came back till vhs come back on but i have played little of it
I barely spared a thought for the game between Nov - Feb, now im firmly back involved again. Breaks from the game do work well ๐
Castlevania Chapter
That built in mori thing they were talking about forever ago, I think it was in the 5th anniversary or somewhere around that time I don't remember exactly, but they mentioned it once and haven't mentioned it again so I hope they didn't scrap it like many other new mechanics/ideas that don't make it in the game. I've always been hoping for them to add new mechanics and things to do that aren't tied to perks, challenges, or events, but they rarely do. Game gets a little boring after a while
never happening like the leaderboard or early game collapse
Remove sbmm can make me return
that's my second thing I want
Remove MMR.
If they added FNaF, I'd never look back as the game is well over the shark by then.
600 hours in myself, and I'm...still having fun, despite being disappointed at the Onryo release.
For me though:
The problem is that the community isn't a monolith, and it's almost not the forums. The forums seem to be mostly populated with crusty veterans who - while an important demographic - are not the majority of the playerbase.
See: I think people have an overly rose-tinted memory of ranks. I started under ranks, maybe 2 years ago and...honestly, it was pretty miserable.
The thing about ranks were that they made games less sweaty for the veterans, as they routinely got paired with much less skilled people. It was awesome watching Otz and co. do 100 win streaks without addons on pre-rework Plague, but it was probably a lot less fun for the survivors in those matches.
I know that, as a complete newbie, about half my matches were against either people at purple/red ranks, or 2000 hour monsters who were smurfing at lower ranks. Smurfing was such a problem them that even some Fog Whisperers openly admitted to it 'to find easier matches'. Sure, you can smurf under SBMM, but it's a lot more difficult.
The issue isn't that SBMM was a bad idea - the issue is that it doesn't work half the time because lobby dodges futz with it and it prioritizes queue speed too heavily.
My friends that still play this game
Bots in custom and to replace disconnected teammates. Come on... That's all I want...