Good balance patches have better player retention than licenced/normal chapters

Title.

Unfortunately, Ringu chapter hasn't been the greatest release for many reasons. Personally I think it was because of:

  • Onryo has a hit and run power in a circle of healing meta
  • She has nothing in chase in a time where lots of maps still need adjustments (badham, eyrie, etc) and when pre dropping is common amongst survivors
  • Her power feels lackluster - her condemned feels unrewarding and unnecessarily hard to use
  • She isn't fun for the majority of killer players (although release trickster was the worst killer, he was still super fun for a lot of people due to the nature of his ability, which is why I liked all kill)

If the meta of Circle of healing, predropping, and overpowered maps weren't here, I guarantee Onryos release would've went 10 times better.

Sure she would still need buffs, but she would not be in the state she's in now (which I would argue is an unfun, bottom 3 killer).

I am really praying that this mid chapter comes with some good balance changes because I can tell this game is becoming incredibly stale and frustrating even for experienced players.

I know it's a lot to ask but a health chapter would be great for future killer releases and the general health of the game. As I said earlier Onryo would be in a much better state if the meta wasn't in a terrible place, she would actually be interesting and fun to play.

Comments

  • I really hope we see circle of healing and dead hard get neutered, but so far they seem to think a slap on the wrist will be enough to fix CoH and they seem to have no problem with it single-handedly controlling and winning matches.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    I really hope we see circle of healing and dead hard get neutered, but so far they seem to think a slap on the wrist will be enough to fix CoH and they seem to have no problem with it single-handedly controlling and winning matches.

    Nah nah that 25% nerf time means instead of the entire team healing in 8 seconds it's now 10 seconds! (with medkits)

    See? Such a trash perk now.

    /s

  • I feel like I'm the opposite of most people in that I cannot stand Trickster and Sadako is a breath of fresh air in an anti-loop meta. I don't care how weak she is, she feels new and exciting and it makes me want to play more now that there's actual new content for me.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Title.

    Unfortunately, Ringu chapter hasn't been the greatest release for many reasons. Personally I think it was because of:

    • Onryo has a hit and run power in a circle of healing meta
    • She has nothing in chase in a time where lots of maps still need adjustments (badham, eyrie, etc) and when pre dropping is common amongst survivors
    • Her power feels lackluster - her condemned feels unrewarding and unnecessarily hard to use
    • She isn't fun for the majority of killer players (although release trickster was the worst killer, he was still super fun for a lot of people due to the nature of his ability, which is why I liked all kill)

    If the meta of Circle of healing, predropping, and overpowered maps weren't here, I guarantee Onryos release would've went 10 times better.

    Sure she would still need buffs, but she would not be in the state she's in now (which I would argue is an unfun, bottom 3 killer).

    I am really praying that this mid chapter comes with some good balance changes because I can tell this game is becoming incredibly stale and frustrating even for experienced players.

    I know it's a lot to ask but a health chapter would be great for future killer releases and the general health of the game. As I said earlier Onryo would be in a much better state if the meta wasn't in a terrible place, she would actually be interesting and fun to play.

    She still has meta perks. I didn't get enduring this prestige so my experience lately has mostly been painful but with a solid build I think she will be pretty fun to play.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I feel like I'm the opposite of most people in that I cannot stand Trickster and Sadako is a breath of fresh air in an anti-loop meta. I don't care how weak she is, she feels new and exciting and it makes me want to play more now that there's actual new content for me.

    I love trickster.....as the killer. Sometimes you want a game experience as easy as the survivors and he definitely offers that. Hold M1 + M2 and mindlessly run at people while keeping them in the center of the screen. The fact he is a camping god and survivors hate him already makes him potentially the killer who gets the saltiest endgame chats? I think it's him or Bubba. Maybe Phead if you tunnel people hardcore.

  • This was no happen , because bhvr is survivor sided

  • I totally agree a health chapter would retain more players than a new, rehashed killer. The thing is BHVR doesnt make money on a health chapter. We all know thats why the game doesnt get patched enough.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/313999/good-balance-patches-have-better-player-retention-than-licenced-normal-chapters

    She still has meta perks. I didn't get enduring this prestige so my experience lately has mostly been painful but with a solid build I think she will be pretty fun to play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847664#Comment_2847664

    I love trickster.....as the killer. Sometimes you want a game experience as easy as the survivors and he definitely offers that. Hold M1 + M2 and mindlessly run at people while keeping them in the center of the screen. The fact he is a camping god and survivors hate him already makes him potentially the killer who gets the saltiest endgame chats? I think it's him or Bubba. Maybe Phead if you tunnel people hardcore.

    i cant even stand him as killer every time i play as him for a daily the only thing i think about is "i would be better playing pyramid head"

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2847679#Comment_2847679

    i cant even stand him as killer every time i play as him for a daily the only thing i think about is "i would be better playing pyramid head"

    Every game is better with Pyramid Head

  • i mean, wasnt meant to be my point but youre really not wrong lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I feel like I'm the opposite of most people in that I cannot stand Trickster and Sadako is a breath of fresh air in an anti-loop meta. I don't care how weak she is, she feels new and exciting and it makes me want to play more now that there's actual new content for me.

    I also find Onroyo really fun to play, personally. I am loving the teleporting around the map, and it plays out differently for me than a lot of other characters. I've seen her compared to Freddy due to his gen spawn mechanic, but the condemned adds something to that.

    I do appreciate what OP is saying about the current meta, but I kind of appreciate trying a different playstyle with her.