You can see different cosmetic pieces combined in the shop now apparently.

Like, you can select Ghostface's devil mask and see what it looks like with the ice torso without buying either one. Is this apart of the continued attempts to keep people from breaking sets?

Comments

  • How do you even do it?

    i tried it yesterday but it was like always for me.

  • There is no button to set back to default outfit though. For most survivors with various re-color of default outfit, you can pick one of them to see the mix, characters like Steve or Nancy who have only 1 color of default outfit, you will have to go Back and go to Outfit again, so you can re-select their default outfit.

  • Really? That's nice, I always wanted to do that

    @C3Tooth said:

    There is no button to set back to default outfit though. For most survivors with various re-color of default outfit, you can pick one of them to see the mix, characters like Steve or Nancy who have only 1 color of default outfit, you will have to go Back and go to Outfit again, so you can re-select their default outfit.

    Can't you check the "Show all" checkbox in the filter and select the default outfit from there?

  • This strangely only works for Killer. For Survivor, it still doesn't work.

    @Mooks said:

    How do you even do it?

    i tried it yesterday but it was like always for me.

    1) Go to the shop

    2) Select a Killer's (only works on Killer) outfit

    3) Select another piece from one of the individual part categories

    And if you want to swap back to the default or something, you can make them appear in the filters section.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    This strangely only works for Killer. For Survivor, it still doesn't work.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844480#Comment_2844480

    1) Go to the shop

    2) Select a Killer's (only works on Killer) outfit

    3) Select another piece from one of the individual part categories

    And if you want to swap back to the default or something, you can make them appear in the filters section.

    Ah. Okay I tried it on the new Yui skin so no wonder it didn’t work.

    well, then we gotta assume this is not intentional but a bug probably getting fixed soon..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844562#Comment_2844562

    Ah. Okay I tried it on the new Yui skin so no wonder it didn’t work.

    well, then we gotta assume this is not intentional but a bug probably getting fixed soon..

    That's true, but I'm already having my fun with mixing Killer stuff that I don't have. This also works with breaking sets in the shop, and I have to say that this headpiece is way better for Trickster's God of Desire set than the regular headpiece for it.

    image.png

    Side note, why is Trickster's God of Desire skin a set when it doesn't massively change him at all? I guess there's the voicelines, but they could just set that to when you use the headpiece specifically. I really like the torso, and wish I could use it with other things, and maybe the headpiece would look better with other torsos. Being able to change the bat would also be pretty fun.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844578#Comment_2844578

    That's true, but I'm already having my fun with mixing Killer stuff that I don't have. This also works with breaking sets in the shop, and I have to say that this headpiece is way better for Trickster's God of Desire set than the regular headpiece for it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1EE51SSHMUL8/image.png

    Side note, why is Trickster's God of Desire skin a set when it doesn't massively change him at all? I guess there's the voicelines, but they could just set that to when you use the headpiece specifically. I really like the torso, and wish I could use it with other things, and maybe the headpiece would look better with other torsos. Being able to change the bat would also be pretty fun.

    money

  • It's probably a bug, but it's a really nice feature that all cosmetic stores in games should have.

    @ManyAchievables said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2844578#Comment_2844578

    That's true, but I'm already having my fun with mixing Killer stuff that I don't have. This also works with breaking sets in the shop, and I have to say that this headpiece is way better for Trickster's God of Desire set than the regular headpiece for it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1EE51SSHMUL8/image.png

    Side note, why is Trickster's God of Desire skin a set when it doesn't massively change him at all? I guess there's the voicelines, but they could just set that to when you use the headpiece specifically. I really like the torso, and wish I could use it with other things, and maybe the headpiece would look better with other torsos. Being able to change the bat would also be pretty fun.

    Yeah that's just them testing the boundaries of their sheer greed. Considering the only 'unique' part of that set is his body, the custom animations and voicelines should be tied to that and the set should not be linked, however they want to see how much they make from a mediocre set using the slimmest of excuses to link it and multiply the price by 1.5.