Surveillance Ideas??
I have never seen anyone actually use surveillance but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how it could be made into a useful perk?
I was thinking if after your kick a gen (and maybe after you hook a survivor) you can see survivors auras within 5/10/15 meters of the kicked gen or hooked survivor for 5/10/15 seconds once you are a certain distance from the gen or hook. This could also help prevent camping since the killer would have to leave the area to see if there are any survivors going in for a save or to start working on a gen again.
Maybe this is a horrible idea and I'm missing something but idk it was on my mind.
Comments
I agree. The perk is a complete throwaway right now, I'm not sure why they haven't tried changing it yet.
Perk Philosophy: Every perk should have a specific use or problem that it helps resolve. Let's, for Surveillance solve the problem of a Survivor continuously touching regressing gens while the killer desperately keeps kicking it.
Surveillance:
After a Survivor touches a regressing Generator, they suffer from the exposed effect for 20/30/40 seconds.
"Are you gonna behave?" — Amanda Young
Normally when you see a regressing Generator, your first instinct is to give it a quick touch. Surveillance forces you to think twice about your actions; "Is the killer close?... Is the killer Surveilling this generator?".
And Boom. You have a perk that matches the concept while simultanuously addressing a part of the game that hasn't previously been touched: An incentive not to touch a regressing Gen. Or well... At least with some careful considerations.
That would be interesting. Maybe it would only apply the exposed status effect if the gen is touched within 10/20/30 seconds so they might be forced to let it regress for a bit??
Normally, I would say this is too powerful, but then they added Haunted Ground and, soon, Iron Maiden, as well as Make Your Choice. Honestly, Surveillance needs ANYTHING to make it usable outside of adepting Amanda, which I've already done. So I'd be happy with this, even if I feel 40 seconds would be too much (I feel like it should only increase by 5 seconds per rank, but that's just me.)
@VolantConch1719
You got it exactly right.
I've searched the forums for a lot of Surveillance suggestions from others, but I always see the same thing:
When we see a perk that is less than 10% the strength of a meta perk like Hex: Ruin (being 100%), then when we buff a previously useless from 10% to 70% we start panicking, as if the killer's power is decided by the collection of all 50+ killer perks, rather than by the top 4.
This is why most of the "Improvements" to Surveillance I could find would make it better (from 10% to 20%) but would still be a perk nobody would ever pick.
I believe this version of surveillance IS actually something that people could consider picking. The numbers can be used to tweak any UP/OP problems as you already suggested, be it so (: