Any ideas on why wake up was kill switched?

from the looks of it the only perk that didnt get feedback or was tweaked/blocked was death slingers perk from the midchapter patch. i really cant understand why this one was considered problematic

Comments

  • Wake Up has been killswitched due to a bug that was causing players in matches where it was being used to crash

    It's been killswitched until the devs can find the issue and presumably hotfix it

  • it can crash the game some how? how can a number tweak cause that or was it just a lesser know bug that it always had?

  • @Ghostofsnow said:

    it can crash the game some how? how can a number tweak cause that or was it just a lesser know bug that it always had?

    Beats me

    people just figured out that it was causing crashes and had proof of it, the devs got wind of it and yeah. Rest is history

    I don't wanna say spaghetti code, but maybe something was changed that has had an unintended effect

  • https://youtu.be/K-JeZRZL_9U

  • im questioning on who found out that it crashes the game... who even uses the perk lol

  • @IrishKHGamingTTV said:

    im questioning on who found out that it crashes the game... who even uses the perk lol

    I think I was one of the first tho @GoodBoyKaru made a bug report before I was able to.

    I had a daily to open the gate as Nancy and chose Wake Up, after 3 killers in a row DC'ing at exactly 95% gate progress, I began getting suspicious of something being wrong with the perk.

  • @IrishKHGamingTTV said:

    im questioning on who found out that it crashes the game... who even uses the perk lol

    Adept Quentins... that's it though, lol

  • Touching the gate would literally crash the game for the killer. Sent me back to Desktop on PC + "An unexpected error" occurred on my Switch when I was testing it to make a bug report.

  • @IrishKHGamingTTV said:

    im questioning on who found out that it crashes the game... who even uses the perk lol

    Me, mostly when i attempt ‚open exit gate‘ daily’s.

    it’s not even that bad of a perk, it’s just not used because there are plenty perks that are way better.

  • @IrishKHGamingTTV said:

    im questioning on who found out that it crashes the game... who even uses the perk lol

    I use it sometimes but yeah it’s not a super good perk or anything

  • It, because get this, made the KILLER crash. How in the absolute-