Spider beast powers idea
So in my head, this killer power could be really strong.
Mori- the spider wraps the survivor in a cocoon of web and then it bursts as small sider rush out.
This power will be similar to 3 different killers. (The plague, clown, and Nemesis). This killer spits out webs that forces survivors to move slowly. If they vault a window and pallets they would slow vault but also broke free. Also two spider AIs to help this killer to hunt. Also they can be destroyed but beware as you destroy them little spiders will swarm you until you brush them away.
Comments
Okay hear me out:
Wall climbing.
Mmmm? Wall climbing with my concept idea would make this killer even stronger.
Idc about strength tbh I just want something fun and original.
Wall climbing by itself. Probably fun, definitely original (in scope of dbd)
The killer could be considerably(slightly?) slower in exchange get getting to traverse tiles in that unconventional way--maybe also have webs for slowdown?
Yeah he'll be slower ofc
I posted a similar idea in one if the ops other threads.
Using the wall crawling mechanics from the old "alien vs Predator 2" from the aliens. Coupled with something like the demo pounce.
But that could be hard to code and also broken, as it could ignore all survivor defence (pallets and loops) and have strong mobility, imagine pounce with demo from the top of some buildings across the map.
Also after watching footage from AVP 2, motion sickness would also limit the accessibility of the killer.
Now we've fixed Stretched Res we do what most games are doing for accessibility and add in an FOV slider bam
I don't think that would necessarily help.
I posted the video there. Check the gameplay at 52:30. I don't get motion sick and even i find it confusing which surface you are traversing each moment.
But a solution to both motion sickness and having an overpowered ability could be to lower movement speed while wall crawling.
Something like normal movement would be 110/115% and spiderclimbijg would be around 90%. Don't know, would need to be tested.
But another aspect to a spider killer would be camera position and fov, as the spider would need to be lower than hag and most low walled loops.
In after school or how the discord DBD was called, this was circumvented by having a third person view iirc?
Oh, trust me, it would. A lot.
As someone who has motion sickness, being able to choose what FOV to play on, particularly being able to customise it for different characters, would be an absolute life saver. I cannot stress to you how awful it felt to play FNAF Security Breach before I found a way to increase the FOV myself.
While it wouldn't solve everyone's issues being able to have larger FOV is definitely a typical accessibility feature that we should have in DBD by this point.
(plus in a different thread I suggested the killer be humanoid feat. More arms than necessary so that would help with the camera issue since, you know, humanoid)