The thing I hate about Pyramid head
I don't do this when a survivor is tormented I put them in a cage I hate it when he just puts you on a hook for what not even impressive mori I feel like it should be a requirement to do that a survivor needs to be put a cage at least once here's the thing cages are also really useful since it prevents all those bs perks BT and DS from activating so why hook people just cage them.
Comments
Caging puts them in a random part of the map far away from you. Its easier to proxy if you know where they are
Caging isn't that great of an idea if you can't immediately get into another chase. I elaborate on it in this post and I'm in my phone rn so can't copy paste it over:
EDIT: made it to my pc here's the relevant bits:
"Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.
In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:
What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.
If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook."
The point of the cage is that it's a choice. An option depending on whether the player feels a cage or hook would be better case by case. Why would you take that choice away? Just because you don't like the Mori animation? Why not instead ask for better/more Mori animations?
Caging is far less consistent that putting people on hooks as it gimps your ability to pressure survivors into moving out of safe position. The Cage ports to the further spot away from your current location so that also means you can't really depend on it not just ending up a couple tiles over from a survivor.
It is not always optimal to cage someone. Cages generally send the survivor far away from you and if the other survivors are in that area they can immediately go and save their friend which generates far less pressure and saves them a ton of time over potentially having to run across the map to the hook.
Caging can be good if you can immediately get into another chase after doing so (eg. you know there is another survivor nearby), to avoid pallet/flashlight saves (and then chase the nearby survivor trying to save them), or ofc to avoid DS. It can also be smart if for some reason you know for a fact that there's nobody on the other side of the map since then someone has to run all the way over there.
I hook you until death hook, then mori you.
Cages are for saving time or EGC. Caging early, allows two survivors to lose the effect.
I'd rather mori you before your third hook.