I cannot believe it really works ...

Tonight I was tired. I'm up since 4:30 (it's 23:00) so I didn't want to exert myself.

I've switched to Bubba, put Insidious and Lightborn and placed myself in the shack, in the opposite corner of the pallet, facing it. (With a few variations when the map doesn't allow it.)

The idea: what will survivors do?

The answer is pretty simple : about half come look, some try to flashlight the killer and a few go down the stairs to check the chest. (Yes : greed is good)

So the plan is: if someone goes down the stairs, I down him. Else I stay sill.

In about 40% of the games, someone went down and got hooked, usually with zero or one gen left. I find the behavior of the other survivors after that first hook to be hilarious (but hard to put into words). I'm playing clumsy to encourage the rescues, which they usually manage but the stairs are a b* so I get another down and it's back to square one.

These games usually end with 2 to 4 kills, and only because they can't let go.

The experience of the survivors doesn't seem to affect the result. (The highest one had 4k hours, the lowest around the 500. I don't try with less because beginners tend to be extremely scared of the killers.)

Comments

  • Your next challenge is to see how high you can rank with this gameplay alone, for science!

  • Doing the gens and just leaving is boring so that's probably why people try to save and die trying

    Can't say I'd stick around in a scenario like this, I don't trust Killers...

  • Isn't Basement Bubba supposed to be in the Basement?!?!

    You can't be Next to the Basement Bubba! Get down there before The Family gets mad at you Bubba!

  • @Ripley said:

    Your next challenge is to see how high you can rank with this gameplay alone, for science!

    For science, we need several samples. The current build also uses Tinkerer. The fourth perk is still "irrelevant" but I absolutely don't want NOED in it. (It would change the spirit of the thing)

    @Brokenbones said:

    Doing the gens and just leaving is boring so that's probably why people try to save and die trying

    Can't say I'd stick around in a scenario like this, I don't trust Killers...

    You may be right. I was thinking more along the lines of "we have almost won already". I'm no psychologist though.

    I would most definitively leave too.

    @tippy2k2 said:

    Isn't Basement Bubba supposed to be in the Basement?!?!

    You can't be Next to the Basement Bubba! Get down there before The Family gets mad at you Bubba!

    Indeed. I've played several matches where I was waiting right next to the stairs and never went up. The survivors didn't seem to notice though ๐Ÿ˜’.