Slight Protection

I feel like there should be a small bit of protection after getting unhooked because I've had a few instances now where someone unhooks me, and then I'm immediately downed again afterwards. I know that it's about finding the right time like once the killer leaves, but if I'm the one on the hook that's not in my control. I'm not asking for anything OP, just maybe like 1 second of invincibility after I'm fully off? It would definitely go a long way imo

Comments

  • I mean i get where you coming from but survivors strength is to be a team of four so I as a killer should be able to capitalise on your teams missplays even if it sucks for you it's on your team not your killer

  • @Starrseed said:

    I mean i get where you coming from but survivors strength is to be a team of four so I as a killer should be able to capitalise on your teams missplays even if it sucks for you it's on your team not your killer

    Ig, it just feels unfair at times to get put right back on the hook because of something I had no control over.

  • @idislikedirtybutts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2831728#Comment_2831728

    Ig, it just feels unfair at times to get put right back on the hook because of something I had no control over.

    Yeah I'm totally with you on that maybe they should make it so you can hold shift to prevent u hooking like with healing

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    Many have suggested basekit BT. Instead of that, I think Survivors should just lose their collision, and their hitbox for a short time. That way they have some chance to get away, but also cannot bodyblock the Killer, like many do with BT. Would be fair imo.

    I think that is really the best idea. Fixes the problem and I can't think of a way to abuse it

  • Believe it or not, we used to not even have that one second protection while the unhook animation was in play. But yeah, we have a long way to go to stop hardcore tunneling like that.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2831819#Comment_2831819

    I think that is really the best idea. Fixes the problem and I can't think of a way to abuse it

    Depending on how long it takes, it's a free out of jail card when unhooked close to a gate. And that is without BT, DS and proper bodyblocking as extra's.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    Many have suggested basekit BT. Instead of that, I think Survivors should just lose their collision, and their hitbox for a short time. That way they have some chance to get away, but also cannot bodyblock the Killer, like many do with BT. Would be fair imo.

    There are 2 killers that can counter bodyblockers with their power, as far as I know.

    First, the survivors have to be standing still, like in a doorway. Myers and Ghostface lose collision while stalking. Survivors use this to counter the stalking, since stalking doesn't work on survivors that are too close. But as killer you can use it to counter bodyblocking.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833234#Comment_2833234

    Yeah but just because one or two Killers can counter bodyblocking doesn't mean bodyblocking is okay.

    Not saying it is okay.

    Just saying you can do something against it now, without waiting, with these 2 killers.