Trickster Rework Idea
Since Trickster has been talked about a little bit lately, I thought I'd give my own little input on what kind of rework he needs while keeping close to his knife throwing theme.
Disclaimer this isn't an original idea as I'm sure it's come up a lot but this is my take of someone else's take I guess...
Anywho we all know Trickster moves at a slow speed in order to compensate for a ranged ability. This ability comes in the form of throwing knives which Trickster can rapidly throw at survivors. It takes 6 knives to injure someone and 12 to down. This is surprisingly difficult and most of all it is extremely unfun for both sides, that being the killer who has a weak power and the survivors who have to deal with an unfun and sometimes unfair power.
I propose that Tricketers power be allowed to switch between various different knife throws, similar to clown switching between tonics.
These different styles would make up a unique playstyle that allowed Trickster to switch to whatever best suited the situation while allowing survivors a fair chance to counter while also keeping them on their toes about which style he's using. Not all the one's I list should be compacted together into one ability but just suggestions. Keep in mind though that this is only an idea and I have no clue if these would actually be useful or not so don't roast me too hard if something seems obviously dumb. I'm coming up with these as I go.
Trickster does keep his laceration meter and 6 knives to injure
Fan Blade - Trickster breifly charges a hand of 5 or 6 blades and throws them in a wide fan area.
Buck shot - As it sounds Trickster throws several knives at the same time in a shotgun kind of spread
Burst Throw - Thrickster throws three or four knives in rapid quick succession forming a straight line of sorts. If a survivor is holding W you can load their back with an immediate three knives.
Precision shot - Trickster can hold and charge a single knife and fire it like a huntress hatchet, the more it's charged, the faster and farther it goes
Rain Down - In exchange for half is knives, Trickster can cast them above a certain area so that knives can rain down
Shatter Shot - Trickster trades in 6 or 8 knives for a single knife that when it hits a surface, shatters into multiple knives that ricochet once
That's about all I can muster up right now but I'd love to hear other creative ideas though please try keep it within the realm of possibilities though you probably won't
To reiterate theses aren't all packed into one ability with 6 styles, just three or even two if you really wanted
Comments
Honestly, on paper this sounds fun, but I bet it would feel even worse for survivors than current Trickster.
I like the idea but I’d say 3 different styles is enough. Problem is a fan throw would make it essentially impossible to dodge at medium/close range which isn’t very fun to fight
Well they're not meant to be all packed into one but I wouldn't really know if this is in anyway a good idea.
Not all of them are meant to be packed into one but to give variety to choose from I guess?
I feel like this is just a nerf compared to live. He's still the same speed, the same amount of knives, but now he just has these random stances. Many of which will just be a flashy waste of knives so you'll be visiting lockers more often.
Yea, it's not meant to be taken as a great idea or anything and definitely is meant to be taken at face value. I just want Trickster to embody the master knife thrower he's meant to be and not an amateur that throws a flurry of knives hoping to hit something
I definitely like these ideas but probably not for Trickster. Keeping in mind that Trickster is just a regular human not changed much by the entity I feel like a few of these are a little too unrealistic if we're staying true to his character.
Also a lot of these would definitely take longer to get a down with if we're still counting the 6 knife laceration meter. The only ones that would be better are Buck Shot or Burst Throw. But envisioning myself playing with those would be way too broken and more unfair for the survivors imo. With Buck Shot, all you would have to do is get up really close and get an immediate health state. With Burst Throw, someone that already knows how to aim with him would be a lot more dangerous as this would allow me to fill up my laceration meter a lot faster.
However, I really like the concepts taking it out of the context of a Trickster rework. I feel like a separate killer with some of these moves would be really fun to play against since it wouldn't be a matter of breaking LoS. Maybe an elemental killer and different elements did these separate moves? 🤔
Very interesting. Id love his normal knives + the burst throw, but id make it a hillbilly esque charge up were he moves slowly similar to a missed lunge while charging it. Maybe make the time to charge up 1 sec or so and let him 99 it.
Yeah, I remember a lot of people kind of disappointed in his power on ptb. I just don't really think bhvr left any wiggle room with him. His power has this weird duality that can leave him feeling useless or outright overpowered.
I guess they could have taken him in a doctor kind of way where his power is meant to disrupt/disable (and a similar power charge speed), maybe making ricochet a base mechanic that has an added effect if hit after a bounce.
But the harder part is finding the "fun", because what killers find fun and what survivors find fun can be worlds apart.