What if all hexes only had a totem once they had an effect?

What if hexes only lit a totem once they had a real effect?

Huntress would only have a totem once someone was hooked. Devour Hope only has a lit totem once someone is rescued. Ruin would only appear once a generator was released.


Some of course would act as they do now, Undying needs to always be available since it has not "triggers" on it. Same goes for Haunted, since its trigger would only happen after it's broken.


I think this would be enough to make Hexes have enough survivability to not be destroyed before the killer can find a survivor and start generating pressure (instead of the vice versa happening where the survivors gain pressure from ytour own perks)

Comments

  • Undying could light up as soon as the aura of a survivor is revealed, or as soon as another Hex is discovered

    I like the idea, the crybabies would complain that it would be a "HaUnTeD gRoUnDs NeRf" since it would be the only Hex that's lit up straight from the start but I like it

  • This is also how I think that hexes should work- though I think "trap" hexes like Haunted Grounds and Retribution should have a small activation requirement to stop them from being obviously traps if they're spotted super early, something like kicking a generator or successfully hitting a survivor.

  • I think if that happened, haunted grounds would have to be changed quite a bit.

    Maybe have it so instead of being 1 specific totem it gives a 25% chance that the dull being cleansed will trigger. (One time only, obviously) that way it's still a trap that can't be easily identified and avoided.

  • Some forum members should join BHVR. This idea is not bad at all!

  • @AsherFrost said:

    I think if that happened, haunted grounds would have to be changed quite a bit.

    Maybe have it so instead of being 1 specific totem it gives a 25% chance that the dull being cleansed will trigger. (One time only, obviously) that way it's still a trap that can't be easily identified and avoided.

    Should be 40%, not 25%, since Haunted Grounds traps two totems.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822747#Comment_2822747

    Should be 40%, not 25%, since Haunted Grounds traps two totems.

    Fair enough. I honestly just put 25 in just to have a number