The vicious and toxic MMR cycle that ruins everyone's experiences.
Survivors that SHOULD be high MMR are stuck in a perpetual loop of getting tunnel/face camped because killers at low-mid MMR tunnel/camp survivors that give them a hard time in chase and willingly throw their game to get the 1k. Because the good survivor didn't escape, they stay stuck in mid-low MMR. Then killers wonder why they keep going against "high MMR" survivors. Well, they aren't high MMR. They certainly should be, but it's not their fault. It's not even the killers fault for getting frustrated and tunnel/camping. I completely understand their frustration consistently getting matched with survivors who honestly have no business in their lobbies. It get's worse, because survivors that aren't that great get to escape because they got carried by someone who ran the killer for 3/4/5 gens then face camped. Their MMR goes up then get matched with higher MMR survivors that end up losing MMR because the exact same thing happens to them. It's a perpetual cycle that is ruining both killer and survivor experiences. Basing MMR off of escapes only is quite possibly the dumbest thing.
Comments
This is by far the most rational take I've seen in a while, I think once you play both sides you'll understand how detrimental it really is to both (with the exception of SWF's).
I mean hiding is a skill.
"Was it really a skilled play to begin with?" a phrase that begins to echo over and over
Yeah, SWFs are a whole different story. I just don't like how much effort it takes to get into the DBD discord, friend someone I'll never talk to again, then wait 15 minutes to join a game. I can't even be mad at my solo queue mates either. It's not their fault they get paired with me. I don't understand how running(distracting) the killer is not seen as a skill. Can't tell you how many games I run the killer for a solid 7-8 minutes, get face camped and get like 7-8k BP lol. It's truly laughable. Idk why I subject myself to this torture honestly. I guess its for those occasionally fun games you get once in a blue moon.