Why do people feel the need to be like this?
You know, I wait 30 minutes for a ptb game as Sadako. Finally, I get in a lobby with a 4 man swf with flashlight macros. All of them had DH, BT, DS and COH. As Sadako is weak as hell, there was virtually nothing I could do to them. They were so fast and every time I TRIED going after one of them they would just run to the 10 nearby loops while the other 3 were going to that one gen. Therefore, I decide to camp the gen. They were teabagging me, using the flashlight macros etc. After a long match with 0 hooks and 3 blinds while I am facing a wall, I just DC.
End game chat:
"why do you play ptb if you dont chase us"
"its the only time survivors can have fun"
"leave PTB if you want to play so sweatly"
EXCUSE ME, WHAT? I AM PLAYING SWEATY AFTER YOU, A 4 MAN SWF, DO YOUR BEST TO HARASS ME AND GEN RUSH?
JUST WHY. IT'S THE ######### PTB, WHERE YOU GO AROUND TO TEST STUFF AND MESS AROUND, NOT A ######### SWEAT FEAST WHERE YOU DO YOUR BEST TO BE A PIECE OF #########.
Comments
Egotistical players will be egotistical.
Honestly? In these scenarios a DC isn't even unwarranted. It's not like 'the data' will be of any help to BHVR anyway when the match is skewed like that.
Honestly, the worst part is how in end game chat THEY were the ones telling me how I was sweating. Like what?
Not to mention one of them DEFINETLY had a smooth speed hack. I checked their profile and they had a lot of -reps for hacking. Reported their profile.
Yeah, those guys sound like dicks.
That aside, though, I do think people should play the same way on the PTB that they play on the live servers. People do play to win on the live servers using meta perks and in swfs and such so if you really want to test how Sadako will do against that you need to have her going against those sorts of survivors. If everybody just goofs around and does stuff for the hell of it you’d never get any data on what would happen in more competitive matches.
I see it as a good thing kind of. If all the Survivors played to win during PTB then the statistics would show more accurately the strengths and weaknesses of new Killers, new maps, and new perks. Like sucks you don't have fun testing the new content, but at the same time you are TESTING. Less party game, and more serious.
That would be true if "testers" didn't have the tendency to bring the best of the best, because they won't be losing it on their actual profile. Those matches aren't exactly representative of how your average live match is going to play out.
I've seen a few threads where survivors have admitted to bullying Sadako with friends on PTB. It's sad state of the game. This is how they play on live anyway.
Wait, where did my comment go? Is BHVR Forums going kooky again or is this one of those "Saying Bastards is against the rules even though Bastards isn't censored on here and no one has ever said anything so you have no way to know that you broke the rules because no one said anything about it" thing? Dr Cox deserves to have his voice heard too!!!
Well anyway, some people are just jerks so not much you can do about it unfortunately shrugs. They're not breaking any rules by making the game go as fast as possible and not giving you a chance to actually use the PTB character so whatcha gonna do?
I mean, do you really want to survivors to handhold bad killers like sadako and let you buy her with all those lies?
It'd be better to ######### trash tier killer and make it not worth playing I think, so BHVR has to do something.
It's one thing to play tryhard to show how bad she is, it's another thing to straight up bully and use flashlight macros.
Oh and as a sidenote: I just had a game with 2 DCs. I spent 5 minutes trying to get one guy to 7 stacks, but when he got to 4 he just decide to profit off my friendliness and clear them. I DCed and I'm not playing PTB anymore. Sadako is not fun at all and she is also very weak.
That's apart of testing, and without it then we can't see a balanced chapter that would be fun for all levels of play. Instead we get a chapter that is fun to play in low to mid mmr (sbmm), and no fun in mid to high mmr (sbmm).
Well true, but that's peak survivors.
This is exactly what I was about to post. This is a good thing. We can actually see how strong or weak she is. Playing to win is what most people should be doing.