The Onryo's power just makes me want original Freddy back

For the most part her power is essentially what old Freddy was except that she's not completely undetectable when up close. If her power can work like this, then why can't we have old Freddy back?

Comments

  • I dunno, there's a big diff between the two

    The killer decides when they can enter the 'hitting survivors' mode for lack of a better term/how long they aren't able to hit survivors. Kinda like Wraith decides how and when to uncloak

    Old freddy had to track down the survivors, painstakingly drag them into the dream and then hope they didn't wake themselves up immediately and he had to do it for every survivor individually

  • From what I heard, old Freddy was a complete noob stomper. So I guess this is supposed to let up on them a bit relative to him? Oh, but we need to wait and see because this killer is so complicated that talking about her day 1 is forbidden.

  • From an old Freddy main, she definitely doesn't feel like him at all.

    Sadly :(

  • Not invisible

    No lullaby

    Doesn't take 7 seconds

    No dream world

    Don't need to draw individual survivors in

    Survivors can't "wake up" to avoid hits

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I dunno, there's a big diff between the two

    The killer decides when they can enter the 'hitting survivors' mode for lack of a better term/how long they aren't able to hit survivors. Kinda like Wraith decides how and when to uncloak

    Old freddy had to track down the survivors, painstakingly drag them into the dream and then hope they didn't wake themselves up immediately and he had to do it for every survivor individually

    Oh I agree there is definitely a subtle difference, and if old Freddy were to a return there would have to be some changes made. But seeing a killer with a stealth ability that you can turn on and off at whim just made me think about what could be done with Freddy outside of his terrible rework. One can hope, but sadly that's all we can do.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    From an old Freddy main, she definitely doesn't feel like him at all.

    Sadly :(

    It just made me think of what the rework could have been on Freddy. This is more in line with what I think it should have been instead of the palett or snare Freddy that we have now.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812126#Comment_2812126

    Oh I agree there is definitely a subtle difference, and if old Freddy were to a return there would have to be some changes made. But seeing a killer with a stealth ability that you can turn on and off at whim just made me think about what could be done with Freddy outside of his terrible rework. One can hope, but sadly that's all we can do.

    I've started to understand why ppl want old freddy back

    Even now I think back to when I started playing and you'd see a rare freddy and see the random stuff that'd happen like survivors hooking themselves.


    I don't hate modern freddy but people are right when they say he has no soul. I hope he gets some changes or smth but I highly doubt BHVR will ever touch him again outside of maybe an addon pass

  • Same. Man, I just want him back. He was so much fun.