Random Question

Which DBD Original killer would you make a movie for? I'm curious what you guys think. Personally I would make a movie for the Hag or Artist.

Comments

  • Doctor, Huntress or Trickster

    Doctor because he's probably the scariest character they've made if you really think about it

    Huntress because she's probably the most iconic killer and most recognizable to the outside world

    Trickster because we would probably see a bit more of Yun-Jins perspective as well, and it would probably be visually stunning

  • Trickster because we Stan.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Which DBD Original killer would you make a movie for? I'm curious what you guys think. Personally I would make a movie for the Hag or Artist.

    Tricksters, blight or doctor for killer. I would like to see Kate in concert however

  • A movie about Doc would be a crazy cool horror movie. Add some Jacobs Ladder imagery in there.

  • All of them, either together or separately. Part of DBD's strength is that all the characters would function as a horror movie villain, that's part of their design!

    But if I had to pick...

    If the goal is to make a movie about Dead By Daylight's lore through the lens of watching one of the killers in action, in the trials or outside it, absolutely Trapper. He's a deceptively interesting character, at least to me, so I'd love to see some more of him.

    If the goal is more of a conventional slasher movie, we've got a few good options. Huntress would be good for something like Blair Witch Project, but better, whereas you've got Doctor for something playing off people trespassing into an abandoned hospital and getting murdered for it. Blight's great for more of a monster movie, since that's kinda what he seems to be based off- those scenes where someone's running around a sharp corner and the monster just careens into the wall before continuing the chase. Plus, y'know, Jekyll and Hyde stories are generally fairly popular, right?

    Trickster and Yun-Jin would be pretty great for more of a subdued psychological thriller that focuses more on Yun-Jin and her growing suspicion + guilt over actively choosing to prioritise her own career over potentially stopping the murders, I think that pair is pretty uniquely suited to that kind of story.

    There are a couple I don't think would work that well. Much as I love The Legion, I think they're more suited to stories where they're not necessarily framed as the sole antagonists- though a story where they drill down on the implication that Susie feels pressured to perform more of the violent acts over generic vandalism could make for an interesting one, you'd just have to kinda make the Legion the protagonists instead of the antagonists, which I feel like isn't quite what people would want.

  • The Spirit and Oni. I believe their bloodline would make for a pretty good set of movies.

  • Deathslinger. I really enjoyed his lore snd think it'd make a good movie.

  • I'd say a Huntress movie would be my favourite. A killer who can kill from range and terrifying while humming. Just think of the moment any person hears her humming. We know as the audience that person is probably about to die. The movie could even end with her about to die, then getting engulfed in smoke and roll credits (teasing the entity).

    Then a Spirit movie before she became the Spirit (basically a movie following her dad). When she kills him, just as she's dying, she also gets engulfed by the smoke.

  • Huntress, easily.

  • I would rather see a series with each episode focusing on a different trial with a different set of characters, though some are recurring in different combinations and all. Also some flashbacks/before the realm scenes in between.

    that way we could see an actual trial, the ones we see at obviously restricted by Videogame limitations.

  • rin yamaoka or kazan

  • Blight, Doctor, Oni with Spirit....even Artist would make a great movie imo

  • @GeneralV said:

    Huntress, easily.

    ngl I expected you to say Freddy even though I said original killer's specifically....just because.

  • I always pictured Deathslinger as a good Grindhouse movie type character.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810136#Comment_2810136

    ngl I expected you to say Freddy even though I said original killer's specifically....just because.

    Freddy already has plenty of movies, so there's that.