Help me finish my Pinhead build

This is one I have enough saved up to try a few times, but I cannot make up my mind on the final two perks.

https://i.imgur.com/Ng14h3W.png

I think the addons, and first two perks are non-negotiable. Frank's heart makes the gateway range 24, monitor and abuse makes the terror radius 24m. So in theory you could nail people from outside the terror radius with Engineers Fang. Discordance is a no-brainer as well. Pinhead is slow and getting to the right location is critical, as well as allows him to open with the fang hit.

Map offering is Midwich, my favorite map. Although I bet RPD or Lery's would work fine too. Maybe even The Game.

Hysteria seems like a niche addition. Since after they get hit the terror radius will turn off and they won't know if you are actually going to come get them or not. Surveillance to get more free hits on gens? Or maybe get some regression in there.

Blood favor seems super cheesy since then they would be oblivious and all pallets will be blocked. But that might on work for a handful of downs.

Comments

  • I'm not a Pinhead player so I can't help you with your build, but I am going to say that Iridescent Fang isn't that great. It turns Pinhead into a Legion without mobility and worsens his already bad 1v1. If you're going to hit people with Iridescent Fang you're probably prioritising getting injuries from afar. That doesn't work with the current CoH meta. The pressure that Iridescent Fang gives you is nullified by CoH and actively hurts you by reducing your chain amount to 2 extra chains instead of 3, which is already a small amount

  • More Genfo or gen regression is critical for Pinboy, you need his natural game slowdown to work for you, so Ruin, Tinkerer, Pop, Thana, or even STBFL for more lethality is gonna be your best bet here. But I like the build, it definitely shows you're pretty confident with him.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I'm not a Pinhead player so I can't help you with your build, but I am going to say that Iridescent Fang isn't that great. It turns Pinhead into a Legion without mobility and worsens his already bad 1v1. If you're going to hit people with Iridescent Fang you're probably prioritising getting injuries from afar. That doesn't work with the current CoH meta. The pressure that Iridescent Fang gives you is nullified by CoH and actively hurts you by reducing your chain amount to 2 extra chains instead of 3, which is already a small amount

    Iri Fang is really nasty man, if you can start snowballing by locking down the box next to a hook, you can keep sniping health states with the chain, add Thana onto that and you can exert a kind of pressure Blight or Nurse could only dream of.

  • Ditch Surveillance, kicking generators without gen regression perks is generally a waste of time

    Mindbreaker/Fearmonger would add to the theme of the build stacking status effects; blindness + exhaustion and oblivious if they are injured and on a generator

    Blood Echo is also a decent alternative since you'll be using the iri fang to injure people very frequently so I'm sure it'd be easier to get value out of it. You could also run it with fearmonger to keep resetting survivors exhaustion which talking from experience is annoying as hell

  • @JonahsTablet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807706#Comment_2807706

    Iri Fang is really nasty man, if you can start snowballing by locking down the box next to a hook, you can keep sniping health states with the chain, add Thana onto that and you can exert a kind of pressure Blight or Nurse could only dream of.

    At that point you're a worse Bubba. Sure, you could get some slowdown and camp the Hook, but you can't do that and consistently chase the box. The Survivors will get the box done if you're camping the Hook, and Pinhead can't counter multiple Survivors going for the save, nor can he counter BT

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807711#Comment_2807711

    At that point you're a worse Bubba. Sure, you could get some slowdown and camp the Hook, but you can't do that and consistently chase the box. The Survivors will get the box done if you're camping the Hook, and Pinhead can't counter multiple Survivors going for the save, nor can he counter BT

    It depends on how smart the Pinhead is when positioning the box, Bubba can't basically force survivors to come to him, Pinhead can though if he can get the box close enough to the hook. The thing that makes that scenario so insane is if your Ruin is still up, you can literally pause the game while you are killing someone on the hook, Thana is adding a base -5% to gen progress (possibly even more), and Ruin is ticking down gens when the survivors working on it get chained.

  • @OpenX said:

    This is one I have enough saved up to try a few times, but I cannot make up my mind on the final two perks.

    https://i.imgur.com/Ng14h3W.png

    I think the addons, and first two perks are non-negotiable. Frank's heart makes the gateway range 24, monitor and abuse makes the terror radius 24m. So in theory you could nail people from outside the terror radius with Engineers Fang. Discordance is a no-brainer as well. Pinhead is slow and getting to the right location is critical, as well as allows him to open with the fang hit.

    Map offering is Midwich, my favorite map. Although I bet RPD or Lery's would work fine too. Maybe even The Game.

    Hysteria seems like a niche addition. Since after they get hit the terror radius will turn off and they won't know if you are actually going to come get them or not. Surveillance to get more free hits on gens? Or maybe get some regression in there.

    Blood favor seems super cheesy since then they would be oblivious and all pallets will be blocked. But that might on work for a handful of downs.

    plaything/retribution

  • Hoarder, hoarder and hoarder!

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807711#Comment_2807711

    At that point you're a worse Bubba. Sure, you could get some slowdown and camp the Hook, but you can't do that and consistently chase the box. The Survivors will get the box done if you're camping the Hook, and Pinhead can't counter multiple Survivors going for the save, nor can he counter BT

    Well that's why I kinda wanted Hysteria. At that point you are Ghostface with a better chase power who can partially lock down a 3 gen without even having to move. If they run out into the hall there is a chance you just walk into them as you close in on the gen. There's plenty of really unsafe gens on Midwich if you are oblivious.

    On Midwich you are never going to be getting people with the box, it's usually too far away. And really since his add-on nerf that playstyle is much less viable unless you are fortuitous enough to load into a really small map.

    @JonahsTablet said:

    More Genfo or gen regression is critical for Pinboy, you need his natural game slowdown to work for you, so Ruin, Tinkerer, Pop, Thana, or even STBFL for more lethality is gonna be your best bet here. But I like the build, it definitely shows you're pretty confident with him.

    I don't think I would ever put STBFL on Pinhead. I don't like it in general since sometimes you gotta tunnel someone to death and you lose it if they DS you. Ruin I don't like without a build centered around it, it's too liable to just die in the first 15-20 seconds and do nothing. Pop would probably be good since this will be a nasty 3 gen build. Thana? Ehhh maybe.

    I would probably just do Brutal Strength for more lethality tbh. Maybe even enduring? I haven't used BS much but it seems like it would be decent to zone someone to the wrong side, chain them, and then break the pallet like a clown would do.

    @Brokenbones said:

    Ditch Surveillance, kicking generators without gen regression perks is generally a waste of time

    Mindbreaker/Fearmonger would add to the theme of the build stacking status effects; blindness + exhaustion and oblivious if they are injured and on a generator

    Blood Echo is also a decent alternative since you'll be using the iri fang to injure people very frequently so I'm sure it'd be easier to get value out of it. You could also run it with fearmonger to keep resetting survivors exhaustion which talking from experience is annoying as hell

    Not a huge fan of mindbreaker for this, since depending on where the initial hit comes from they will have the 5 seconds to get their perk back. I mainly use that on Wraith / Ghostface where you can do the entire chase start to finish from a gen hit. Blood echo I also don't like, even on killers it might be good on.

  • @fulltonon said:

    Hoarder, hoarder and hoarder!

    I don't think it will work on Midwich or RPD. Lery's or The Game only I would imagine.

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807812#Comment_2807812

    I don't think it will work on Midwich or RPD. Lery's or The Game only I would imagine.

    Yeah, RPD could be hard but I don't know about midwich... at least interrupting puzzle with chain is kinda easier, I think?

    Also most survivors tend to go safer locations once they picked box up, so if you caught them during that time, it's pretty much guaranteed chain hunt.

    if they do not and try to solve those immediately after picked up, it'd be easy hit for most times.

    I really haven't used it myself but seems strong in theory.

  • I don't think M&A is that great on killers who are Uber tall. Most will see them coming from a mile away.

  • @Sepex said:

    I don't think M&A is that great on killers who are Uber tall. Most will see them coming from a mile away.

    That's not the point of the build. The point is to hit people through walls on an indoor map with 0 warning. A 32m terror radius won't let you do that.

    @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807824#Comment_2807824

    Yeah, RPD could be hard but I don't know about midwich... at least interrupting puzzle with chain is kinda easier, I think?

    Also most survivors tend to go safer locations once they picked box up, so if you caught them during that time, it's pretty much guaranteed chain hunt.

    if they do not and try to solve those immediately after picked up, it'd be easy hit for most times.

    I really haven't used it myself but seems strong in theory.

    https://i.imgur.com/VN1Fdpa.png

    Midwich probably not. It's really big and there's a good chance they are on the wrong floor from you, making it more likely they are too far away. My experience with hoarder pinhead has been inconsistent at best. Big maps it's totally worthless, small maps it's usually nuts. I stopped running it because of the RNG.

    I imagine a super sweaty box tunneling build would look something like this? I haven't tried it but I have a ton of Dead Dawg offerings. I would need the brutal on that map or I would go crazy from all the breakable walls. Corrupt Pop Brutal is a pretty standard, consistent, old meta combo I like using.