Killer taking the game hostage

The killer slugged me and refused to hook me on the basement hook two meters away.

I was unable to play the game, nor lose and move onto the next match.

Let survivors hold Sprint in the dying state to bleed out faster.

Make it a new mechanic, where survivors can crawl faster by holding Sprint, at the cost of bleedout time. Tenacity would let survivors Sprint-crawl for free (and must hold the sprint button while stationary in order to simply bleed out faster if they so choose).

Comments

  • And no, going AFK for 10 minutes will not work. The killer let the other survivors pick me up so I wouldn't bleed out. I had to babysit the game to actively make progress towards dying, since I was not allowed to work on gens, nor die on hook.

  • Is this situation where there is only two survivors?

  • It has happened to me several times and I think it does not count as holding the game hostage, because we have a timer and we're not standing without being able to move.

    What I do in this situation is crawl into the distance so that the timer will run faster but yeah... I don't encourage slugging. This is one of the things i hate the most.

  • That is not taking the game hostage. You will die after 4 minutes total of being downed.

  • This isn't taking the game hostage, it is very unfun and a crappy way to play but you will bleed out in 4 minutes

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807432#Comment_2807432

    Well the OP said they kept getting revived by other survivors so that would draw out the process.

    keep crawling so the other survivors can’t heal you.

    I was slugged by a Slinger today. After he hooked the other remaining survivor he came back to watch me bleed out even though he could have reached a hook. I think he got frustrated because I think he wanted me to do something to amuse him. I thought, “Nope, you can be bored too while listening to my AFK crows. He kept shooting at me too, which was fine since I was awarded “Near miss” BPs evey time he shot at me.

    But them getting revived is not the Killer's fault.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2807432#Comment_2807432

    Well the OP said they kept getting revived by other survivors so that would draw out the process.

    keep crawling so the other survivors can’t heal you.

    I was slugged by a Slinger today. After he hooked the other remaining survivor he came back to watch me bleed out even though he could have reached a hook. I think he got frustrated because I think he wanted me to do something to amuse him. I thought, “Nope, you can be bored too while listening to my AFK crows. He kept shooting at me too, which was fine since I was awarded “Near miss” BPs evey time he shot at me.

    If they don't want to get picked up, they can hold Shift on PC. It disables healing interactions. It's useful for eg when you're on a pallet but don't want the survivor looping on that tile to accidentally tap heal you instead of the pallet drop. Also, that's not the killer's problem.

  • And if the killer downs them again, the bleeding resumes. If they don't get downed again, then they can go work on objectives until next down/bleedout. And yes, it's the other survivor's fault they keep getting healed, not the killer's.. and if you don't want to get healed up, just don't recover at all when you get downed and move when they try to heal you to prevent it.

  • I sometimes do this to the last member of a bully squad after I ~worked~ suffered through 3 of their despicable members, while getting tormented in any way possible. Usually the last one will t-bag melike mad when cornered and then, when they realize that they are slugged and not hooked, wriggle like mad on the floor or desperately crawl to a hook.

    I would never do this in a normal game, but I recon that it is right up the alley of these people, since they love bullying to much that they do it for an entire game, right? And since they are normally 3-4 man squads they are reluctant to DC, because that would make everyone wait even longer. The post game chats are extra spicy and well salted, though, just how I like it.

  • An issue I see here is possibly refusal to participate in normal gameplay from the killer. The slugging to death part is whatever, but if the OP meant the killer wasn't going after the other survivors (normal gameplay)/was just waiting for the survivor to get picked up just to down them again, that would be against the rules.

  • @Nos37 said:

    The killer slugged me and refused to hook me on the basement hook two meters away.

    I was unable to play the game, nor lose and move onto the next match.

    Let survivors hold Sprint in the dying state to bleed out faster.

    Make it a new mechanic, where survivors can crawl faster by holding Sprint, at the cost of bleedout time. Tenacity would let survivors Sprint-crawl for free (and must hold the sprint button while stationary in order to simply bleed out faster if they so choose).

    What was your load out?

  • @JamnJelly Iron Will, Resurgence, Solidarity, We'll Make It

    I was playing Jeff, solo, not BM'ing, not screwing over teammates (some killers will BM if they see survivors doing this); I was the first one hooked at 5 gens remaining. The killer refused to hook me after that.

  • @Nos37 said:

    @JamnJelly Iron Will, Resurgence, Solidarity, We'll Make It

    I was playing Jeff, solo, not BM'ing, not screwing over teammates (some killers will BM if they see survivors doing this); I was the first one hooked at 5 gens remaining. The killer refused to hook me after that.

    If it was only you, I think they probably misinterpreted something. I BM occasionally is I see a survivor straight messing with another. The loser in that case is guaranteed hatch if they don't get gates.


    Although killers can't really take it hostage indefinitely, I think your teammates knew what they were doing.

    Nice build btw, I think imma try it.