Question about Epic Accounts
I'm on PC Steam. If someone on Epic friends me, how do I chat with them? Do they appear on my Epic friend list? Is there a way to message them but only in-game? Only when in group?
I'm on PC Steam. If someone on Epic friends me, how do I chat with them? Do they appear on my Epic friend list? Is there a way to message them but only in-game? Only when in group?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think the Epic Games store version can use the in game chat feature in a lobby. You could probably exchange info there to chat on like discord if you wanted. I've also changed my steam name to my discord name+numbers (so I'd change my steam name to discord=kolberz#XXXX) when I made a console friend so they could try to reach out that way as well. A little creative ingenuity can yield results.
So they wouldn't be able to message me until we were both in a group?
any pc account can use the chat when in a lobby/postgame
If you add them as friends they will show up on your ingame friends list, but not the steam overlay one.
Yeah, that's not what I'm asking though. OUTSIDE of group lobby, they cannot chat with you, right? In other words, if some dood that I was talking to in post-game chat friended me, I have ZERO way to communicate with them outside of a group?
Yeah, separate platforms/different overlays for messages
That's a shame. I was hoping I could somehow chat with them from my Epic Games Launcher. Oh well.