Oni's underappreciated iridescent add-on: Bloody Glove

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of P3ing Oni and am playing him a fair bit these days. I am still a far cry away from mastering Oni, but I can now more often then not hit my Demon Dash attacks, which feels always super badass.

I also played around with his add-ons and one of his Iris in particular seems to be a bit underappreciated and not talked much about, ie Renjiro's Bloody Glove.

Most of the videos that discuss Oni's add-ons seem to be about their original, and that might be the reason. I used about 6 bloody gloves in my last few games, so that I could prestige Oni one more time without regret, and dayuuum, the bloody glove is sooo good! Why is this thing not talked about?

The big thing is that you can see the aura of every survivor that is in contact with a blood orb, with the little drawback that survivors can also see blood orbs. In practis this most survivors don't have the opportunity or presence of mind to ignore the blood orbs and you will see them all the time, either working on a gen or waiting behind a doorway, hiding from you etc.

Everywhere were a wounded survivor lingered for a while you will have big pools of orbs and you can often spot a survivor on the other end of the map walking though them. If you dont know where do go next just activate your dash and go running towards one of the auras, you are so fast that you will get there before they get out of the area.

The bloody glove combos extremely well with the add-ons that increase orbs for vaulting, like the splintered hull. So what are your experiences with this add-on? Any tips and tricks or tactics?

Comments

  • Have you seen Monto’s no power Oni builds? It’s some evil stuff. I think Otzdarba copied the build for YT as well.

  • If the addon would do what you describe then this addon would be actually good, I always said it like this.

    However sadly this isnt how it is or how you think it is.

    The survivors actually ABSORB the blood orbs, which means they take away your power in order for you to see the aura which is kinda dumb. Sure you still have some orbs around the map but a big portion of it is getting sucked up from survivors, if they are smart they can run around on purpose and suck them up like a vacuum cleaner.

    This makes the addon so unbelievebly useless.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    If the addon would do what you describe then this addon would be actually good, I always said it like this.

    However sadly this isnt how it is or how you think it is.

    The survivors actually ABSORB the blood orbs, which means they take away your power in order for you to see the aura which is kinda dumb. Sure you still have some orbs around the map but a big portion of it is getting sucked up from survivors, if they are smart they can run around on purpose and suck them up like a vacuum cleaner.

    This makes the addon so unbelievebly useless.

    Basically this, but I would not say that this makes the Add On useless. It can be used with a very specific Build, but outside of this build, I would not use this Add On at all.

    As Survivor, I take the Killer seeing my aura for denying them their power all the way.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2803940#Comment_2803940

    Basically this, but I would not say that this makes the Add On useless. It can be used with a very specific Build, but outside of this build, I would not use this Add On at all.

    As Survivor, I take the Killer seeing my aura for denying them their power all the way.

    If you try to make the gloves work then just play all seeing wraith bro 🤣