How's the game on next-gen consoles? And what can a former PC player expect?
I went down a rabbithole of save injecting on PC and got myself HWID banned, looking for another way to enjoy the game and play it more casually. I used to play a bit on last gen and primarily played on PC, with the former being nearly unplayable now.
How is the performance on PS5 / Xbox Series X? Is there anything I should know before getting it? I tried to come back to the original Xbox One and it was literally unplayable for me so I sure hope next gen consoles are actually, y'know, playable?
Comments
PS5 is running smoothly on 60fps and only thing thats missing is MnK
It runs great on my ps5. I do feel like I'm at a disadvantage by playing with controller, but 9k hours on mouse/keyboard can do that to you. It's just easier to play killer or run the killer and look behind you or make really tight loops with m/kb. But the game runs pretty much flawlessly
Outside of inferior controls + inability to play with shadows on low, I've heard it's quite smooth
Controller is clunky af. Brightness is horible. Claudette in auto haven or midwich can just crouch in a corner and you wont even notice her.
Otherwise performance wise is great
It’s runs decently on series x.
You’ll be at a disadvantage compared to most PC players due to:
lower frames (still 60fps though)
higher input latency
controller (exacerbated by no controller settings)
reduced visibility as you’re forced to run the game on max settings which is very dark + washed out.
Having said that, you can definitely still compete and overcome these disadvantages to a high degree with skill/adaptation.
PS5 runs smoothly on 60fps