Skill Checks Are Very Simple

Is not this problem for anyone? I think survivors does not need to show any effor to fix generator and this makes survivor gameplay pretty so easy.

Even perks like Overcharge, Huntress Lullaby, Oppression are not makes them hard.

I don't wanna make they vs us but killer gameplay is harder than survivor gameplay. Patrol generators, chase survivors, hook them, respect second chance perks etc. So for me survivor gameplay should be harder, at least it should not be M1 simulator.

I could swear this is one of the reasons generators fly, but I can't prove it. This system needs rework. Make them harder. How?

I think time-event game mechanics give me idea here. In this type of games, a letter appears on the screen in the action scenes and you have to press the right button within the time limit. So adept this to DbD. Add more buttons, so survivors will have more reasons to focus generator screen. It still will not be so hard, for sure but at least it will need more focus.

What do you think? Give me shoot!

Comments

  • I've made a thread before on the topic, but yes it's very boring and why I don't really play survivor. Only engagement you get is from being chased, and the current meta doesn't favor chasing survivors.

    @Reshy said:

    So, currently in the game generator repair is pretty boring. Skill checks are really easy to do, they don't really engage or interest the player, so all you can do is look around to see if the killer's chasing someone or not. I propose that BHVR should consider adding new types of skill checks specifically for generators that take more time to complete than a 1 second button prompt for the same button each time.

    Making it bring up an interface where you have to do things such as navigate a small maze with your controller/arrow keys to connect an important wire to the correct socket, needing to repair the fuel line pipe dream style, needing to read a list of instructions to start the motor in the right order to prevent a back fire, being given a set of inputs that you need to press quickly in the correct order to prevent a malfunction, needing to locate a failing component and replace it, etc.

    Stuff like that might make generators a bit more interesting than they currently are, and add at least a modicum of skill required to do quickly and efficiently. In the current state any survivor can do the generator at the same speed so long as they don't miss easy skill checks.


  • @Reshy said:

    I've made a thread before on the topic, but yes it's very boring and why I don't really play survivor. Only engagement you get is from being chased, and the current meta doesn't favor chasing survivors.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308999/should-generators-be-made-more-engaging-to-repair

    I love to play survivor, chasing by killer is fun. But yeah, generators needs something new. Rework.