As a console player, How are we expected to report cheaters.

I just went up against two cheaters and my friend recommended that I report them. I have a recording because of xbox's capture feature but mid way through the game I realized that I can't actually report them because I don't have their steam profile.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You use the in-game reporting system, then follow it up with a report from this website containing your evidence.

  • @psychopain said:

    I just went up against two cheaters and my friend recommended that I report them. I have a recording because of xbox's capture feature but mid way through the game I realized that I can't actually report them because I don't have their steam profile.

    Console or pc dont bother. Not much happens. As many killers do, write their names down on paper, and if you see them again leave lobby. Sorry i cant help much more than that. Im a fellow console player. You need their gamer tag and with video evidence you can contact developers and they will send you the right instructions. This game is full of that, you will need lots of paper unfortunately. Also, as killer if you see "YT" or "ttv" in a players name , they are streamers. Unless you want a serious organised team out to humiliate you, so they get some good footage for their ten viewers, leave lobby ! Good luck player

  • @psychopain said:

    I just went up against two cheaters and my friend recommended that I report them. I have a recording because of xbox's capture feature but mid way through the game I realized that I can't actually report them because I don't have their steam profile.

    The steamID64 is only required if you report from Steam, as the other platforms have no way to do so, instead you just need to put their in-game name in the report and explain in the description that you are reporting them from a different platform.

  • I think what they mean they don't have access to their steam profile since they are on console so they are unable to grab their steam id

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/309527/as-a-console-player-how-are-we-expected-to-report-cheaters

    The steamID64 is only required if you report from Steam, as the other platforms have no way to do so, instead you just need to put their in-game name in the report and explain in the description that you are reporting them from a different platform.

    Video proof is still required though true? How would I do that with just my Xbox, as I have no PC? How would our Switch cousins do this with their game recording turned off many patches back?

  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/309527/as-a-console-player-how-are-we-expected-to-report-cheaters

    The steamID64 is only required if you report from Steam, as the other platforms have no way to do so, instead you just need to put their in-game name in the report and explain in the description that you are reporting them from a different platform.

    Most console players play with crossplay on. If we do a report, how does in-game names help when they're on Steam where they can change their names anyway as often as they want? I know there is a site were you can find out their steamID (if they're actually on Steam ofc). Wouldn't that be necessary to do for a valid report?


    Also, is it possible to upload and link evidence (screenshots or clips) from PC? I'm on XSX and we can do that with Microsoft Onedrive.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2799236#Comment_2799236

    Video proof is still required though true? How would I do that with just my Xbox, as I have no PC? How would our Switch cousins do this with their game recording turned off many patches back?

    Video proof is required for specific offenses, you can find more information here:

    Reminder: EULA Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page,…

    And you can find information on how to record your matches here:

    @Ryuti said:

    Hello, people of the fog!

    When reporting a player, many offences require video evidence to help us investigate your report. Below is a list of bannable offences which may require video evidence:

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage

    HOW TO RECORD YOUR MATCH:

    XBOX:

    • Press the XBOX  button to open the guide.
    • Press the VIEW button, and then select "Record from now" . Depending on your clip's resolution, you can record anywhere from 10 minutes with internal storage and up to 1 hour with external storage.
    • To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button . You'll get a notification when it's been saved.

    PS4:

    • Press the "Share" Button on your controller to begin recording gameplay.
    • When you've recorded your match, save your clip, and trim as needed.
    • After that you can upload the video directly to your linked YouTube account.
    • Length, quality and etc. can be changed depending on your console settings for Video sharing

    PC:

    • For players using an NVIDIA graphics card, you can enable Shadowplay which will automatically record any gameplay while running in the background.
    • To use Shadowplay ensure you have the GeForce Experience program installed.
    • Open the in-game overlay settings found in the top right corner. From there, you can turn on "Instant Replay" and adjust settings such as clip length, quality, and audio levels.
    • Alternatively, you can use OBS to manually record the incidents.

    INFORMATION THAT WILL AID US IN REVIEWING CASES:

    Opening your escape menu and viewing the match details tab.

    This will allow us to see all of the Survivor characters in the match and usernames of who is playing them.

    Visiting the tally menu once a match has ended.

    This will allow us to examine player loadouts including perks, items and offerings.

    UPLOADING YOUR EVIDENCE

    Due to the small file size limit on ZenDesk, we suggest uploading your evidence to YouTube and "Unlisting" it. This will prevent anyone without the link from seeing it, and will allow you to upload without needing to compress the quality to meet the size limit.

    For XBOX players,

    • Open the Youtube App, and sign in.
    • Navigate to the Upload tab. You may need to turn on "Enable Sharing on Social Networks" for your clips to be visible.
    • Select your recorded match
    • Enter a title and then select upload.

    For PC players

    • If you wish to cut down your clip, you can do so in the editing software of your choice. Otherwise you can upload the raw footage straight to youtube by navigating to your shadowplay recording folder.

    Please keep in mind that even with video evidence, an in-game report is still required.

    Screenshots are not considered valid evidence.

    If the video sent does not follow our criteria or the quality of the video is low, it is possible that nothing will be done against the player reported.

    Regarding this:

    @Katzengott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2799236#Comment_2799236

    Most console players play with crossplay on. If we do a report, how does in-game names help when they're on Steam where they can change their names anyway as often as they want? I know there is a site were you can find out their steamID (if they're actually on Steam ofc). Wouldn't that be necessary to do for a valid report?

    Also, is it possible to upload and link evidence (screenshots or clips) from PC? I'm on XSX and we can do that with Microsoft Onedrive.

    Of course if you can find the SteamID, that helps a lot, but once you report in game, that flags the match and Support will be able to find the player.

    Also, is it possible to upload and link evidence (screenshots or clips) from PC? I'm on XSX and we can do that with Microsoft Onedrive.

    Of course, you can do that, as long as you give the correct information, doesn't matter if you file the report from this or that device.