How Did StarLost Get Banned?

Seen the guy make comments and posts for a while, as I was lurking before I made this account. What did he do to get his account banned? I just noticed today.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think it's generally frowned upon (of not against the rules) to discuss mods decisions on stuff like that. Maybe ask him when he is back?

    Generally bans might result from some misconduct or overstepping ones bounds here. Just try to be a generally nice person and don't personally attack anyone and you shouldn't have any problem in any forum that I ever part of.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I think it's generally frowned upon (of not against the rules) to discuss mods decisions on stuff like that. Maybe ask him when he is back?

    Generally bans might result from some misconduct or overstepping ones bounds here. Just try to be a generally nice person and don't personally attack anyone and you shouldn't have any problem in any forum that I ever part of.

    I was just curious since he seemed to be a normal/nice guy. I'm guessing I should delete this post if I don't wanna get banned?

  • I don't think you'll be banned for asking, but you won't get a reason. Honestly I kinda get it. They start telling reasons and every thread turns into "nu uh, you shouldn't have banned him/her, what they did wasn't that bad" just turns into a mess.

  • I don't think that you will get banned for an innocent inquiry like this. Generally I think a post like this doesn't hurt, as it helps everyone to know what's the rules again, so don't worry and just don't push it.

  • Like most thing's that get you a ban, doing something you shouldn't.

    On a forum normally saying or posting something you shouldn't.

    It might be temp or perm, depending on what was done and if the person has done it before.

  • Bans aren't openly discussed, this thread will most likely be closed when mods are online.

  • 1st: warning

    2nd: jailed

    3rd: 1 month banned

    4th: permanently

    I already reaches 2 steps, my next time would be 1 month ban : D

    Which is why I keep my [inbox] (1) to remind me "I should not do anything stupid" all the time.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    1st: warning

    2nd: jailed

    3rd: 1 month banned

    4th: permanently

    I already reaches 2 steps, my next time would be 1 month ban : D

    Which is why I keep my [inbox] (1) to remind me "I should not do anything stupid" all the time.

    Clever :>

    See? It worked and you learned something from the whole affair.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797611#Comment_2797611

    You won't get banned for a first time offense, just a warning.

    But you could edit the post and request a mod deletes it to save yourself said warning.

    First time offense can be escalated.

    Requesting that a mod deletes something can also result in an escalation.

  • By asking questions, just like you are

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    By asking questions, just like you are

    They could make a horror movie out of this.

  • We do not discuss bans/warns publicly, what happens between users and us stays between that user and us.