How to counter this Dead Dawg Saloon tile with 110% killers?
I was playing Trickster on Dead Dawg Saloon and I found myself in a situation that somehow I had never experienced before in that map (probably because I don't play Trickster and Huntress that frequently, but still, I've played them a lot until I got them to Prestige III)... or at least I don't remember experiencing it.
EDIT: Just to make it clear, I play this game since 2017. So yeah, I was already here when this map first came out and still never had such a problem with that tile before.
There is a small house right beside the shack with stairs that lead to a small balcony with a god-window. With 115% killers, a survivor running from you there will get caught eventually. But after a few tries I felt there wasn't anything I could do as Trickster, and I think Huntress would have a similar issue.
An injured survivor was running the building, counter-clockwise, and always going up the stairs and reaching the window. I tried to hit her with some knives at corners, but could barely get chances to do so. As I turned a corner to get her in line of sight, she would already be turning the other and even hitting a single knife was hard and required a very precise timing. I tried to mindgame her by faking to go up the stairs and just walking around it... she was patient, didn't fall for it and didn't drop. Then she waited up there. I tried to hit her with knives, got one or two, but then she crouched in a position I just couldn't hit her and could end up wasting all my knives trying to get her trough the balcony's bars. If I tried to just chase her until M1 range... well, the only possibility would be with bloodlust, but until then it would take a long time and all gens would be done.
So I tried going around the other side to mindgame her. Either way she had enough time to reach the stairs before I could get close.
And even if I somehow managed to get closer at some point, she had the shack window as well, and she would reach it with a fast vault by running counterclockwise. It seemed like an infinite. I just left her and went for someone else.
A skilled Huntress could maybe manage to get a hatchet hit at some opportunity, but the time in line of sight was so short I think it would be hard. Trickster, however, doesn't have even that. Is there a way of countering this that I didn't see?
Comments
You could try pretending not going up the stairs, hide your red light, aim the knives and surprise them with some shoots. The point is to use your power as much as possible and be unpredictable. Plus remember you're slower while having your knives in your hand.
I don't play Trickster without Bamboozle. He gets shut down way too hard by god windows. His personal perk was totem bamboozle for a reason I think.
Is this a legit post? It's almost a guaranteed hit since they can't fast vault it just fake it until they drop. Unless they have a mile of distance the vault is pretty awful.
There are certain area's on maps, that are just rubbish if you're "x" killer. Learn to funnel them away from those area's. let them finish that gen or force them that way to do a gen, things like that, rpd comes to mind i love the library side, but hate the chopper crash side.
The maps in this game just have bad design overall.
I believe you are thinking of another balcony on that map, or maybe another way the same window can spawn. This window is facing the lenght of the balcony, and that is enough space to get a fast vault. And she had plenty of vision up there. I tried faking it and didn't work, she had plenty of time to react to my 110% speed. I never had any problem with that loop with any other killer, but with Trickster I tried everything and it didn't work at all.
I tried faking it, but she wouldn't fall for it. She would only jump when I was really close. She could also see the bottom of the stairs from the corner up there, so hiding the red stain wouldn't work either.
wish u clipped it because I have trouble looping on that map and need the tips :p
As a 110% there are infinites/pseudo-infinites you can't deal with in a reasonable amount of time and should just abandon if a good survivor is looping there(LOL just BHVR things :) )
Huntress can play it because she only needs one hatchet. I'm pretty sure I know what balcony your talking about if the make the vault they can go to shack(window was on that side) or keep looping back to the vault.
"that's the neat part... YOU DON'T!"