Is Crossplay Off broken?
I usually just play crossplay off, and I've always had quite fast queue times.
I took a break for about a week, and now it seems like I'm not even able to find a match at all? Had to change to cross on and found an instant one.
On that same lobby found someone who I used to see in crossplay off and they said they cant find a match with it off either.
Comments
What platform?
I know PS5 and Series S/X can't find lobbies due to low server population.
PC. Steam.
Approximately what time?
Literally all day.
Like I said, I've always only played cross off with no issues.
Steamcharts says we dipped into the twenty-thousands for the first time in a while today.
I'd imagine that could be the cause of your issue. Most people don't mess with their settings too much and just leave Crossplay on, like it is by default.
Yea and then get 10 hour megs in your team. No thanks. I was on crossplay off for a reason.
Well there was also a patch released today and if players dont have the patch or you dont you wont get qued with the rest of the player base. I had this problem waited in queue for 20 min and it was fine again. As for xrossplay it would depend on what platform your playing on to give you a answer as it all depends on the player base for whatever platform your on. With it on you have access to players on every platform except for nintendo switch as they dont share anything.
Oh, I'm not trying to convince you.
I stayed on Xbox One with Crossplay off because I didn't enjoy playing against people with a massive advantage, but my queue times were awful for the first month of MMR.
My queue times were exactly the same as crossplay on so I just stayed on off for months.
I was only able to get players with thousands of hours in cross off. And sure, I was only going against nurses and blights. But I'd rather have sweaty games than games with useless team mates.
Idk why cross off/on affects matchmaking like that.
My game is up to date I'm pretty sure. I have auto updates
Smaller pool and the only people with Crossplay off tend to know what they're doing.
Here's me trying to play Blight on my old Xbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JNpqV8r9_s&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360