Petition: Hide survivor names in pregame lobby.

I am a small streamer and I like playing DBD but unfortunately I can't provide any content for my viewers being the fact that I get stream sniped, tunneled and face camped almost every game. I literally have to delete vods just cuz it's just 3 hrs of me getting tunneled and face camped every game. If the killer gets to be anonymous in pregame lobby why can't survivors be as well? I can't even use the DBD widget on Twitch cuz the killer will know what perks I am running, if I bring DS hes just gonna ground camp me and wait it out and if I bring Unbreakable hes just gonna instantly hook me knowing I can get up. I get that some killer enjoy to be toxic towards streamers but it's kinda sad that this happens almost every game. I tried playing with friends and again same thing I get tunneled out of the game as fast as possible and I can't even spectate the game cuz I will give away their position to the killer and my content resumes to me staying in character select screen while I wait for my friends to finish the game... This game got really depressing really fast since I decided to start streaming it!

Comments

  • How does the killer know you're streaming in the first place?

  • @MyelinXCVIII said:

    How does the killer know you're streaming in the first place?

    Twitch tag in my name

  • That's kind of your fault at that point. If you're on steam, you can easily change your name. I don't know how it works on console.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787295#Comment_2787295

    That's kind of your fault at that point. If you're on steam, you can easily change your name. I don't know how it works on console.

    Most of my followers are past teammates and some actually decent killers, but unfortunately they are very rare.

  • @LiquidSoap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787343#Comment_2787343

    Most of my followers are past teammates and some actually decent killers, but unfortunately they are very rare.

    Ok? I mean, so you want to have TTV in your name, but you don't want to be stream sniped, so you want the devs to change the game?

  • I get where you're coming from but seeing survivor names in the lobby is crucial for the killer sometimes. Especially against people who use the same character, cosmetics etc.

    I find it hard to believe that so many killers would go out of their way to tunnel you just because you have Ttv in your name. For example, I played with 6 streamers yesterday, all had their Twitch names in game. None of them got tunneled, facecamped etc. I actually played against one recently as a killer. And guess what he actually died last.

    I have a feeling some killers may tunnel you because you are an easy target. If you can't loop that well, don't look behind you etc. then you're easy to take out and guarantee a win. And nobody can blame the killer for focusing on you.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787387#Comment_2787387

    Ok? I mean, so you want to have TTV in your name, but you don't want to be stream sniped, so you want the devs to change the game?

    Answer me this then why is the killer anonymous and the survivors not?

  • @AlkaloidssOP said:

    I get where you're coming from but seeing survivor names in the lobby is crucial for the killer sometimes. Especially against people who use the same character, cosmetics etc.

    I find it hard to believe that so many killers would go out of their way to tunnel you just because you have Ttv in your name. For example, I played with 6 streamers yesterday, all had their Twitch names in game. None of them got tunneled, facecamped etc. I actually played against one recently as a killer. And guess what he actually died last.

    I have a feeling some killers may tunnel you because you are an easy target. If you can't loop that well, don't look behind you etc. then you're easy to take out and guarantee a win. And nobody can blame the killer for focusing on you.

    If you are referring to lobby dodging then what's the point? Why play killer if you are afraid of facing teams.

  • @LiquidSoap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787455#Comment_2787455

    Answer me this then why is the killer anonymous and the survivors not?

    Because that's how the lobby is built? I'm pretty sure you can hit tab in-game to see the name of the Killer alongside every other player.

    Also; what does that have to do with anything? You want the game changed so you can advertise without being bothered, and then say the Killer's name not being visible is...proof of that? Nice whataboutism, I guess?

    Keep in mind; some players are known for who they main; You see 'NuseMain' and you know you're playing a Nurse. But if you see 'AshMain'; they can literally have any perks they want because they don't HAVE a power to play around. So names are sometimes more important info Survivors should not have in the lobby.

  • @LiquidSoap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787460#Comment_2787460

    If you are referring to lobby dodging then what's the point? Why play killer if you are afraid of facing teams.

    No, I'm not reffering to that in the slightest. What I'm saying is a killer needs to keep their hooks in check. Remember who is dead on hook, who hasn't been hooked once etc. This is crucial information if you want to win. But how can you keep check on that if you have a lobby full of Feng Mins who are all rocking the same outfit?

    It would give survivors, especially SWF a massive advantage. Also since you didn't adress anything else in my comment, I'm going to assume I hit the nail right on the head.

  • @LiquidSoap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2787455#Comment_2787455

    Answer me this then why is the killer anonymous and the survivors not?

    I believe thats in place so the survivors can't go trough their 1000 perks and pick the specific ones that counteract the killer best. That would literally be GG.

  • Survivor names should 100% be hidden in lobby - perhaps even in-game. There is no reason killers should get to know the players they are going against beforehand, as survivors do not have the same benefit. It only leads to bullying based on past experiences or otherwise. BHVR, do the right thing already.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Survivor names should 100% be hidden in lobby - perhaps even in-game. There is no reason killers should get to know the players they are going against beforehand, as survivors do not have the same benefit. It only leads to bullying based on past experiences or otherwise. BHVR, do the right thing already.

    There is no reason killers should get to know the players they are going against beforehand

    Oh good, so now SWFs of the same character with the same cosmetics can throw off my ability to track my hooks, then screech I'm tunneling. 🙃


    survivors do not have the same benefit.

    Umm, that's not how balance works. The Killer sees his victims; this is not some sort of unbalanced or unfair thing.


    It only leads to bullying based on past experiences or otherwise

    Rofl, BS. Do you really think Killers keep a notebook of Survivor names & and they did in past matches? Let's say a Killer plays 10 matches in a day; that's up to 40 different names/players. Do you REALLY want to claim Killers will memories or keep a freaking spreadsheet to 'bully' people? 🤣

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Survivor names should 100% be hidden in lobby - perhaps even in-game. There is no reason killers should get to know the players they are going against beforehand, as survivors do not have the same benefit. It only leads to bullying based on past experiences or otherwise. BHVR, do the right thing already.

    Its amazing how you bring up literally the same argument as op that has already been countered. I hope you're trolling.

  • I'd like for them to assign everyone a DBD ID. In lobby and match have survivors listed as survivor 1-4 and end game screen will show the DBD ID next to which survivor it belonged to. This way if everyone has a DBD ID it will streamline reporting, will stop players from going into other players profiles to message them any toxicity, and will stop dodging/targeting players in lobby/match since the ID won't show until the end.