How do I change my avatar on here?
Hi, propably a dumb question but I just can't seem to find an option to do it. I looked up other threads on this and there should be a button when I click on my profile or my avatar but there isn't any. Please help.
Tagged:
BHVR
Comments
Click on your avatar in the top right
Select 'edit profile'
From there click 'change my picture' on the sidebar on the right
That should be all you need
Thats the problem, I dont have an edit option there or anywhere really. When I click on my avatar all I see is this.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/profile/edit
Try this link
The 'change my picture' option should be in the sidebar
Well it gave an announcement that I don't have the permission to do that. My account has been verified tho. I guess I'll have to contact the Support.
Are you viewing the forums in english? Like on the url does it say /en/ like the one I linked?
to edit your profile picture all you should need to do is put /profile/picture after the /en/ to get to the avatar selector
Actually I think I figured it out
I think mods need to approve your account first, since on your profile it says you have the 'applicant' role instead of member
I say just wait awhile and then once it says member, you should be able to do it no problem!
I am viewing it in english. Also I just tried that and got the permission problem message again.
Yeah my bad, I didn't realise there was an extra step
I think if you just wait it'll get sorted and then you'll be able to set an avatar no problem
Ah okay, how long does that usually take?
I'm not 100% sure but I can't imagine it's that long, it's probably an anti-spam measure or something along those lines
Just keep an eye on your profile role, once it says member you should be good to go
Alright then, thanks alot.
We don't have anything to do on our side. You are currently an "applicant" not a "member" - this is to do with email verification. Once you've fully verified your email account to the forums then you will be granted the member role automatically. This is a security feature that we will not bypass.
Also, please do not contact Support for any forum issue - Support are there for game related issues and have nothing to do with the forums.
I verifed my email more then a week ago. Well at least I can edt my profile now.