Demo Appreciation Thead

He is so fun to play and does not feel horrible to play on any one map. Also, most of his add ons are actually pretty fun and useful. He is a very good jack of all trades.

Comments

  • Yes. Many consider Demo to be the most balanced killer and I played him a lot. His shred is incredibly fun and useful, but no braindead power at all and his portals, while a bit finicky to use, provide some pretty cool mobility and also give you tons of free hits against survivors deadset to close them up, not realizing that they are Oblivious while doing so.

    His two Iri add-ons in concert are one of the most toxic combination in the game, though. When prestiging my good boi I played 12 games back to back with them, just to use them up and it was fun and hilarious, but also pretty brutal and a tad bit unfair. One cool thing is that you learn a lot about how survivors behave, because you can and examine exactily how they try to be sneaky, and it leveled up my gameplay with other killers immensely.

    That being said, Demo will continue to fade into obscurity, as less and less players give him a spin and newer players wont have the opportunity to acquire him. Some players have been reported that they got accused of cheating for "using a killer who is no longer in the game" or "trying to catch an unfair advantage" because others can so infrequently gather experience in versing Demo-puppy, but thats all non-sense. Salty players will always be salty, but I get way more adoration when someone finally gets to verse Demo again after a long time. I guess he is the universally most well loved killer and thats no easy feat in this salt pit of a community ^^

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Yes. Many consider Demo to be the most balanced killer and I played him a lot. His shred is incredibly fun and useful, but no braindead power at all and his portals, while a bit finicky to use, provide some pretty cool mobility and also give you tons of free hits against survivors deadset to close them up, not realizing that they are Oblivious while doing so.

    His two Iri add-ons in concert are one of the most toxic combination in the game, though. When prestiging my good boi I played 12 games back to back with them, just to use them up and it was fun and hilarious, but also pretty brutal and a tad bit unfair. One cool thing is that you learn a lot about how survivors behave, because you can and examine exactily how they try to be sneaky, and it leveled up my gameplay with other killers immensely.

    That being said, Demo will continue to fade into obscurity, as less and less players give him a spin and newer players wont have the opportunity to acquire him. Some players have been reported that they got accused of cheating for "using a killer who is no longer in the game" or "trying to catch an unfair advantage" because others can so infrequently gather experience in versing Demo-puppy, but thats all non-sense. Salty players will always be salty, but I get way more adoration when someone finally gets to verse Demo again after a long time. I guess he is the universally most well loved killer and thats no easy feat in this salt pit of a community ^^

    Edited: Nvm i read what they do and they sound mean together

  • Demo is such a wonderful addition had no idea who the guy was or girl

    https://youtu.be/BH42AFptgDc


  • The only good Killer in the game

  • I love going against Demo, hope I continue to often in the future cause of the license being gone.

  • @Chimp said:

    He is so fun to play and does not feel horrible to play on any one map. Also, most of his add ons are actually pretty fun and useful. He is a very good jack of all trades.

    35E92563-039A-4AE2-9913-B621009F2618.jpeg

    This puppy just let out a roar of joy

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Yes. Many consider Demo to be the most balanced killer and I played him a lot. His shred is incredibly fun and useful, but no braindead power at all and his portals, while a bit finicky to use, provide some pretty cool mobility and also give you tons of free hits against survivors deadset to close them up, not realizing that they are Oblivious while doing so.

    His two Iri add-ons in concert are one of the most toxic combination in the game, though. When prestiging my good boi I played 12 games back to back with them, just to use them up and it was fun and hilarious, but also pretty brutal and a tad bit unfair. One cool thing is that you learn a lot about how survivors behave, because you can and examine exactily how they try to be sneaky, and it leveled up my gameplay with other killers immensely.

    That being said, Demo will continue to fade into obscurity, as less and less players give him a spin and newer players wont have the opportunity to acquire him. Some players have been reported that they got accused of cheating for "using a killer who is no longer in the game" or "trying to catch an unfair advantage" because others can so infrequently gather experience in versing Demo-puppy, but thats all non-sense. Salty players will always be salty, but I get way more adoration when someone finally gets to verse Demo again after a long time. I guess he is the universally most well loved killer and thats no easy feat in this salt pit of a community ^^

    It is ironic, because of how well balanced he is, he is arguably one of the best killers for new players. And yet, they are the only people who cannot play him. Tragic.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783225#Comment_2783225

    It is ironic, because of how well balanced he is, he is arguably one of the best killers for new players. And yet, they are the only people who cannot play him. Tragic.

    sadge

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I haven’t played demo much because I’m still trying to level up all my killers for their teachables and so demo gets forgotten about. I do enjoy seeing them in game as a survivor though.

    I did the same. Bought the killer package and a few licenses and then spend 200h leveling up all the killers to unlock their teachables. I played Demogorgon literally as my very first Killer for two matches when I was as fresh as it gets and couldn't get his power to work at all. Besides all the stress and information overload of playing Killer for the first time, I also would stand on portals, look down on them and try to open them, etc.

    So after this first, very VERY unsuccessful fling with demo-puppy I leveled up all the other killers and only touched him when I was done with all the others. When I finally tried my hand at him as a seasoned murderer I was amazed how much fun he is to play and proceeded to P3 him, just to get some color on his prestine, rubbery skin.

    Now he is my second most played killer beside Pyramid Head and I have so much fun with him.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783225#Comment_2783225

    It is ironic, because of how well balanced he is, he is arguably one of the best killers for new players. And yet, they are the only people who cannot play him. Tragic.

    Indeed. One of the biggest tragedy in a game build on the tragic bones of former tragedies.

  • Pyramid Head is really cool and fun. I just wished that his power wasn't so clunky to use, BUT the more I play him the more I feel that his power is misleading: it aint a ranged attack, but its a "let survivors run past pallets without dropping them" psychological tool.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783485#Comment_2783485

    I did the same. Bought the killer package and a few licenses and then spend 200h leveling up all the killers to unlock their teachables. I played Demogorgon literally as my very first Killer for two matches when I was as fresh as it gets and couldn't get his power to work at all. Besides all the stress and information overload of playing Killer for the first time, I also would stand on portals, look down on them and try to open them, etc.

    So after this first, very VERY unsuccessful fling with demo-puppy I leveled up all the other killers and only touched him when I was done with all the others. When I finally tried my hand at him as a seasoned murderer I was amazed how much fun he is to play and proceeded to P3 him, just to get some color on his prestine, rubbery skin.

    Now he is my second most played killer beside Pyramid Head and I have so much fun with him.

    Can you give some tips for PH? Cuz right now I can't play him well if my life depended on it.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Pyramid Head is really cool and fun. I just wished that his power wasn't so clunky to use, BUT the more I play him the more I feel that his power is misleading: it aint a ranged attack, but its a "let survivors run past pallets without dropping them" psychological tool.

    It is a ranged attack for face camping purposes, at the very least. Very efficient to BT check.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783524#Comment_2783524

    It is a ranged attack for face camping purposes, at the very least. Very efficient to BT check.

    Your bubba is showing!

  • @Chimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783509#Comment_2783509

    Can you give some tips for PH? Cuz right now I can't play him well if my life depended on it.

    First and foremost, someone already made a pretty good Pyramid Head guide, which I'll link here for you:

    @Yords said:

    Pyramid head is not OP, he is definitely manageable and you can win against him just as any other killer. He is definitely fun to play and unique. Although many people don't know what to do when playing against him.

    What people hate about him: His punishment of the dammed attack, and the effect of his cages.

    His cages are an ability that lets him create a cage that acts almost exactly like a hook except for the two main things it has that a sacrificial hook doesn't. The first unique attribute that the cages have include disabling any survivor and killer perks that have to do with hooking such as pop, BBQ, and devour hope or DS, BT, and WMI. This can allow the Executioner to quickly kill survivors if the survivor team plays poorly.

    His POTD attack is an 8-meter long shockwave that can go through walls and only go down elevated ground.

    What should you do if someone is caged?

    Now obviously, you want to save a caged survivor, but you can't just rush the save or else the Executioner will see you and go to the cage. The person in the cage is in a very precarious position because if the survivors poorly time a save, Pyramid head can easily tunnel that survivor and have a huge impact on the survivor team. You can't save as you would normally from a sacrificial hook, what you need to do is sneak over to the cage and play it stealthy. You have to make sure you save the person in the cage by playing stealthily. If you see that Pyramid head is reasonably close (24-32 meters) to the caged survivor, just wait until he is a bit further. If he tunnels the caged survivor because they were rescued in front of him, the rescuer is at fault.

    How do you deal with his POTD attack?

    His punishment of the dammed or ranged shockwave attack is hated by most because they are unable to loop as they would normally and they are punished when vaulting or dropping a pallet. The answer would be to drop pallets earlier and leave tiles much sooner. His POTD attack is only useful within a short range of 8 meters at base. If you try to loop him you will take hits that you would have avoided by running away. Try to break LOS and then run to another tile and repeat. Only resort to normal looping when he is too close. If you take a hit, use the speed burst you get from being injured to run. If you do this correctly the Executioner will have to break chase to pressure everyone else.

    Keep in mind:

    • The Executioner does disable perks like BT and DS when caging survivors, but he also limits his use of other killer perks as well.
    • When stepping in his trails, he can see your location through killer instinct for 3 seconds. A lot of newer people seem to forget this.
    • It is not the end of the world if you step in his trail, I see way too many survivors taking a down rather than being tormented. If you feel you need to run through his trail, then go right ahead and run through it. Taking an unnecessary hit or down because you didn't want to be tormented will be worse than actually being tormented.

    But I will throw in a few quick tips.

    His power is strong, but tricky to use. The controls are very clunky, but I guess they do a reasonable job to simulate dragging a sword like a plow through the ground.

    Its not advisable to drag your trials all over the level, place them occasionally everywhere were you would place a Trappers trap or around high traffic areas. You can also plonk down your sword while being looped by a survivor, some have an unreasonable fear of getting damned and will abandon a loop instead of stepping on your trails, and at the very least most will not run the loops as tight in order to avoid it.

    The POTD attack is hard to use in the open field. Once in a blue moon you can hit a survivor who wasn't expecting it, but just holding W, but it's normally not worth the effort. Where the power is its strongest is as a psychological denial tool: before a survivor reaches a pallet just plonk down your sword. 9.5/10 they won't drop it and just run past, so you can make a habit of lowering your sword for 1s, never intending to use it, but this is its own kinda mindgame. Some survivors will wisen up to this and eventually drop a pallet in your face, so occasionally you should shoot.

    Any survivor locked in animation is essential a free hit, that's why they want to avoid vaulting or dropping pallets in your face but sometimes it's the only gamble open to them, so don't be shy to punish this behavior.

    My guilty pleasure is running Nurse's Calling together with M&A. The survivors will think that you are still a fair bit away and you can easily line up your shot through walls, often hitting both, the healer and the healed.

    Same goes for unhooks, with some training you can hit both the moment the unhooked survivor hits the ground, but you must learn the travel time of your projectile, ie the further away the earlier you need to fire.

    Also, if you want to use your power to its full potential, be ready to shed your morality and to become the merciless, sadistic killer of Pyramid Heads flavor text, ie tunnel the crap out of the damned. A time honed one-two punch is hooking a downed survivor, especially when they are damned, then down them and send them to the cage. After that no DS will help them (unless you were ultra fast) and you can dispose of them the next time you see em.

  • I love my Demo, though I do note that the Undetectable status doesn't really help him much given his STOMP STOMP STOMP sounds - they really need to fix how loud he sounds when he walks, as Undetectable doesn't block or reduce that sound level.

  • @Chimp said:

    He is so fun to play and does not feel horrible to play on any one map. Also, most of his add ons are actually pretty fun and useful. He is a very good jack of all trades.

    He's literally an addon pass and a small reduction to his ambient sounds (they make it really hard to hear stuff) away from being the perfect killer.

    Not too strong, not too weak, easy to understand, difficult to master and really fun to play. His addons are mostly okay, but some need numbers tweaked a bit or made actually worth using.

  • Cant decide between Demo & Karu, who is the greater Good boi

  • I need to play more demo I played him for like 2 weeks straight kind of burnt myself out on him but I did enjoy him alot.

  • image.png

    Demo appreciation indeed.

  • Im sorry but ######### Demo and ######### the "demo flower pup" stuff.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    The only good Killer in the game

    Pyramid Head would like to talk.

  • Really enjoying her these days. Getting lethal with my long range bird snipes. The problem is that I can never find the slug.

    Artist needs a tracking dog.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784049#Comment_2784049

    Really enjoying her these days. Getting lethal with my long range bird snipes. The problem is that I can never find the slug.

    Artist needs a tracking dog.

    She does.

  • The 2 best, they are two I play the most lmao