Coincidence?

Is it just coincidence that BHVR released Jonah with Exponential RIGHT BEFORE they buffed Boil Over, thus encouraging a slugging meta and already having the solution for it in place?

I'm genuinely curious if people think this was done on purpose, or if its just how the events lined up.

Comments

  • In game development, no. It is not a coincidence. They think of how new gameplay elements will interact with old and often try to sell the solutions to problems ahead of time. The fact that this has not been addressed by them proves it. And I am one of the few that actually thinks this is fine. But it is QUITE obviously a community concern.

  • I don´t think so.

    Also i think i never saw a boon exp. yet. It is too situational - you have to be slugged in the area.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    I don´t think so.

    Also i think i never saw a boon exp. yet. It is too situational - you have to be slugged in the area.

    I saw one this afternoon. A David. The fact that it wasn’t CoH confused all the other players. He got zero value from it, of course.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781604#Comment_2781604

    I saw one this afternoon. A David. The fact that it wasn’t CoH confused all the other players. He got zero value from it, of course.

    :-)

    CoH is clearly the best - Shadowstep is good if it is there for the killer not seeing you with BBQ and so. But also this one is more rare.

    And exp. only works if the killer slugs at all.

  • I doubt it was that explicit, but they probably do craft their perks and buffs with an eye towards how much interplay with other facets of the game there is.

    I'd also not necessarily call this a bad thing, other than how abusable Boil Over is right now. Taking abusing certain map spots out of the equation, that just means a currently useless perk might actually see some value, if you're lucky.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    In game development, no. It is not a coincidence. They think of how new gameplay elements will interact with old and often try to sell the solutions to problems ahead of time. The fact that this has not been addressed by them proves it. And I am one of the few that actually thinks this is fine. But it is QUITE obviously a community concern.

    Honestly I would have thought the same, but the devs would have known the Spirit changes were coming down the pipeline, but gutted Stridor anyway. So it honestly makes this situation feel more like an accidental stroke of brilliance than anything done intentionally.

  • I wanted a Boil Over buff. But i thought about that you maybe wiggle a bit faster. This was what i thought of the perk when i started playing. Only to find out, that it didn´t do anything.

    The 25% are too much in my opinion. Previously they used something like 3/6/9% or so.

    But for RPD i am not so sure if it is really that bad - the surv can´t do anything up there in the library. There is no gen. He only can try to run up there when you chase him ok, but he can´t "win" with this. And if you slug him up there he can´t esacpe either.