3 pet peeves and my Solutions

First off, cheaters should all be banned. Especially when someone has video proof of it but I don't see anywhere to turn these people in, yet if you quit while playing a bunch of cheaters, you can be suspended and maybe eventually banned permanently yet the cheaters? Nothing happens to them that I'm aware of. I don't get that. I don't understand why nothing happens when you report them and they're still there every day so I block these people. I don't know if they will show up in my games but I hope it works. So that's my solution, I blocked them cheaters.

number two, is people that don't help, in fact they not only don't help they don't care about anybody but themselves I help everyone even giving my life if you have been a team player but if you're one of those selfish players and you see me I'm the game and you've already proven to be selfish, don't expect help from me and please block me afterwards. I block all these people. I don't want to play with you if you're a selfish Pig so I block these people & I suggest you all follow these suggestions because if we stop playing with these creeps, they won't have no one to play with but themselves

and lastly number 3, these killers that camp... everyone should block every killer that camps all day long because the game is pointless when they camp. So that's what I do, I block these camping creeps as they make the game joyless. I see more camping in this game by killers than all the Call of Duty games in all my years, it's disgrace. If you're going to be a killer and you have to Camp, then you shouldn't be a killer

Comments

  • 1) Support.

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    2) The premise of the game is you can play it as a 4v1 or a 1v1v1v1v1. Blocking does not prevent you from matching with players.

    3) Blocking does not prevent you from matching with players.

  • Soooooo...a few things

    Point 1. Yes, cheaters should be banned but you can literally go to a cheater website right now and get a brand new account (game and everything with all the cheats installed) for $5 or less. Until BHVR puts in some kind of actual useful anti-cheating tools in the game, cheating is going to be rampant

    For point 2, the entire nature of the game is that it's every man for themself. Dwight has it right in his "Bond" perk that says "We have to work as a team, I need you to survive so that I can survive!". Everything on the survivor side of the game is designed around this philosophy.

    For point 3 (and also for point 2), you realize that blocking people in the game doesn't block you from being paired up with them, yes? All blocking in the game does is stop you from being able to receive in-game friend requests from them. As to killers camping, I would also like it if they could find a way to deal with it but unfortunately there are times when camping IS the only real option for a killer and I don't see how they could put in a fix that doesn't smack innocent killers (or be abusable by SWFs like the "Stop the timer if the killer is in the area" thing they tried back in the day that failed because SWFs would just "loop" their hooked teammate, letting everyone else hammer gens while letting the person on the hook never be sacrificed).

  • 1 addendum is if I know you are new MD learning, I don't block you but I had a feeling that blocking actually doesn't really do anything but I still don't want a friend request from people that I despise so it works in that regard... thanks for the tips and info


    edited because my talk-to-text is crap and I was in a hurry and it didn't say what I meant

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    1) Support.

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    2) The premise of the game is you can play it as a 4v1 or a 1v1v1v1v1. Blocking does not prevent you from matching with players.

    3) Blocking does not prevent you from matching with players.

    @tippy2k2 said:

    Soooooo...a few things

    Point 1. Yes, cheaters should be banned but you can literally go to a cheater website right now and get a brand new account (game and everything with all the cheats installed) for $5 or less. Until BHVR puts in some kind of actual useful anti-cheating tools in the game, cheating is going to be rampant

    For point 2, the entire nature of the game is that it's every man for themself. Dwight has it right in his "Bond" perk that says "We have to work as a team, I need you to survive so that I can survive!". Everything on the survivor side of the game is designed around this philosophy.

    For point 3 (and also for point 2), you realize that blocking people in the game doesn't block you from being paired up with them, yes? All blocking in the game does is stop you from being able to receive in-game friend requests from them. As to killers camping, I would also like it if they could find a way to deal with it but unfortunately there are times when camping IS the only real option for a killer and I don't see how they could put in a fix that doesn't smack innocent killers (or be abusable by SWFs like the "Stop the timer if the killer is in the area" thing they tried back in the day that failed because SWFs would just "loop" their hooked teammate, letting everyone else hammer gens while letting the person on the hook never be sacrificed).

    Has the blocking thing been confirmed? That’s so dumb. If that’s the case it should just say “Block Communication” or “Block Friend Request.” Any other platform or Videogame, Block means just that- they’re Blocked for matching up with you.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781234#Comment_2781234

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781245#Comment_2781245

    Has the blocking thing been confirmed? That’s so dumb. If that’s the case it should just say “Block Communication” or “Block Friend Request.” Any other platform or Videogame, Block means just that- they’re Blocked for matching up with you.

    I don't believe BHVR has ever straight up come out and said that but anecdotally people who use the block function have said they get paired up with people they block anyway.

    I've never blocked anyone so I cannot personally confirm this though

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781335#Comment_2781335

    I don't believe BHVR has ever straight up come out and said that but anecdotally people who use the block function have said they get paired up with people they block anyway.

    I've never blocked anyone so I cannot personally confirm this though

    Thanks.

    That sucks. ######### placebo effect on me smh.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781234#Comment_2781234

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781245#Comment_2781245

    Has the blocking thing been confirmed? That’s so dumb. If that’s the case it should just say “Block Communication” or “Block Friend Request.” Any other platform or Videogame, Block means just that- they’re Blocked for matching up with you.

    @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781335#Comment_2781335

    I don't believe BHVR has ever straight up come out and said that but anecdotally people who use the block function have said they get paired up with people they block anyway.

    I've never blocked anyone so I cannot personally confirm this though

    It has actually been confirmed by @MandyTalk several times across different threads on the subject.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781234#Comment_2781234

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781245#Comment_2781245

    Has the blocking thing been confirmed? That’s so dumb. If that’s the case it should just say “Block Communication” or “Block Friend Request.” Any other platform or Videogame, Block means just that- they’re Blocked for matching up with you.

    You can't block for one simple reason every one of the really good players would need ages to find a game. You can bet that every high lvl nurse is blocked by 90% of the players of there own mmr after a week

  • I find the block feature useless. I have blocked players before and then lo and behold.. i end up in matches with them still.

  • @hexennacht said:

    I find the block feature useless. I have blocked players before and then lo and behold.. i end up in matches with them still.

    Cause it doesn't block them from being matched with you its just for getting rid of people that send you friend request after friend request

  • When you say camping do you mean near the hook, or a section of the map. Because i only play killer and in a lot of matches 3 players will hang around 1 section of the map. Maybe just one half. So i go where they are. Is this camping. I dont stay near hooked players though.