My latest run in with a toxic SWF group

Oh boi.

I just had the most lovely of matches with Clown on Pale Rose against one of the top sweaty, toxic SWF group I ever played and just want to rant a bit.

I had more of a meme build with Franklin Bamboozled, Tinkerer and BBQ and used two green add-ons for increased AoE of the bottles and +4% speed reduction. The opposition had combined 15 meta perks 3 Flashlights and a souped up sabo box.

At least Franklin took care of the flashlights, but everything else was pure stress. The game ended with 1k 3E but for that one kill I sweated extraordinarily. They were extremely well coordinated and managed to deny me of most of my hooks. It was unreal, one tike I was standing right on top of the hook and all three bodyblocked the hook, took turns in tanking hits and healing, until the survivor on my shoulder broke free.

I think I managed to get three survivors on death hook, but it was like running through tar. At one point I slugged everyone and had 3 survivors slugged, but then one after another jumped up again, because they were running Exponential. And of course, everyone was running DH. What a cursed game.

The second I finally, against all hope, managed to sacrifice one survivor, the others dispersed, opened their 99% gate and were off with a final fanfare of flashlight clicking and t-bagging. In the chat I wanted to talk to them, but they wouldn't have non of it and left the second after their "gg ez lulz".

Situations like this can really crush your enjoyment of the game in a profound way. Maybe I could have tunneled a survivor out a bit earlier? But the chances would have been slim, they were just too well organized. The thing I despise the most is the darn bodyblocking. I know that it's "a courageous effort that puts the survivor in harms wat to help out their friends in a pinch", but it really disempowers the killer in such a profound way... I dare not say it, but in a way that's utterly unfun! There! I said it! Its a game mechanic that I don't stand behind at all and I hate it so much that you can totally bodyblock the killer by crouching behind them or under the hook. That's not clever tactics, that's just... Sigh. Whatever. Continue this, and bleed your killer population even more. That's what I'm saying... 

Comments

  • Tunnel from the very moment the game starts, and you will be free. The want you to fall for that "at 5 gens" myth because they know if you decide to tunnel any later than that, they can play around it.


    Also, I am disappointed in you, my child. Franklin's, while a great troll perk, is not how you disgrace flashlight swf. Lightborn will make many more opportunities for you and in turn, deny theirs.


    I am sorry this happened to you. I will ruin at least one swf's experience in your honor and continue this cycle of hate or my name is not the Bodhisattva!

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Oh boi.

    I just had the most lovely of matches with Clown on Pale Rose against one of the top sweaty, toxic SWF group I ever played and just want to rant a bit.

    I had more of a meme build with Franklin Bamboozled, Tinkerer and BBQ and used two green add-ons for increased AoE of the bottles and +4% speed reduction. The opposition had combined 15 meta perks 3 Flashlights and a souped up sabo box.

    At least Franklin took care of the flashlights, but everything else was pure stress. The game ended with 1k 3E but for that one kill I sweated extraordinarily. They were extremely well coordinated and managed to deny me of most of my hooks. It was unreal, one tike I was standing right on top of the hook and all three bodyblocked the hook, took turns in tanking hits and healing, until the survivor on my shoulder broke free.

    I think I managed to get three survivors on death hook, but it was like running through tar. At one point I slugged everyone and had 3 survivors slugged, but then one after another jumped up again, because they were running Exponential. And of course, everyone was running DH. What a cursed game.

    The second I finally, against all hope, managed to sacrifice one survivor, the others dispersed, opened their 99% gate and were off with a final fanfare of flashlight clicking and t-bagging. In the chat I wanted to talk to them, but they wouldn't have non of it and left the second after their "gg ez lulz".

    Situations like this can really crush your enjoyment of the game in a profound way. Maybe I could have tunneled a survivor out a bit earlier? But the chances would have been slim, they were just too well organized. The thing I despise the most is the darn bodyblocking. I know that it's "a courageous effort that puts the survivor in harms wat to help out their friends in a pinch", but it really disempowers the killer in such a profound way... I dare not say it, but in a way that's utterly unfun! There! I said it! Its a game mechanic that I don't stand behind at all and I hate it so much that you can totally bodyblock the killer by crouching behind them or under the hook. That's not clever tactics, that's just... Sigh. Whatever. Continue this, and bleed your killer population even more. That's what I'm saying... 

    Not exactly sure what you expect? To go into a game with a meme build on a weaker killer into a meta tryhard SWF and to have a fun relaxing game?

    That's how killer is. You win, the survivors are silent or salty.

    You lose, it's gg ez.

    Say gg ez as the killer? You are toxic, need help, should see a therapist.

    You tunneled someone out who was abusing boil over, spam macro clicking the flashlight, and teabagging at every pallet drop? You are a psychopath, who hurt you, add me as a friend and we can talk about it you angry angry person.

    Let it roll off like water from a duck

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Tunnel from the very moment the game starts, and you will be free. The want you to fall for that "at 5 gens" myth because they know if you decide to tunnel any later than that, they can play around it.

    Also, I am disappointed in you, my child. Franklin's, while a great troll perk, is not how you disgrace flashlight swf. Lightborn will make many more opportunities for you and in turn, deny theirs.

    I am sorry this happened to you. I will ruin at least one swf's experience in your honor and continue this cycle of hate or my name is not the Bodhisattva!

    Thanks for your kind words. I must say, breathing in the toxic fumes of hate that emanate from you has a way of uplifting and invigorating my killer spirit. Thanks, that was what I needed.

    I will embrace your teachings of peace through toxicity and the ending of strive through the twofold aspect of The Tunnel and The Camping. I was blind, but this group of SWF ripped the veil from my eyes and I should thank them for it.

    There shall be more sweat, but also salty tears. Many more salty tears.

  • I played a four man twice in a row yesterday. Both matches were 3k’s with the fourth barely getting out. They weren’t happy with the outcomes of either match.

    I just figure they weren’t used to losing.

  • The game wouldn't be balanced at all if a weak killer build is competitive against survivor meta and vice versa. I get that the match may have felt frustrating, but playing Clown with zero slowdown and zero perk synergy isn't going to yield results.