People should avoid giving hackers attention

I think the problem wouldn't be so significant if people just didn't pay it as much mind as they do. Hackers are always gonna be a problem, BHVR explained why they don't name specific vulnerabilities that get fixed because that just gives more incentive to find more.

@ScottJund did a video on toxicity in DBD and I think one point a lot of people need to remember is that, hacker or otherwise, most of the people being "toxic" are kids trying to piss people off for attention or humor. Who do you think has enough free time to buy alt accounts and cheat in DBD? There is no getting through to the people who do this, and the best solution really is to just stop caring. Move on, don't engage with or point out specific instances because that's exactly what they want you to do.

Video in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHy-JMWfXbQ

Comments

  • @AnneBonny said:

    I think the problem wouldn't be so significant if people just didn't pay it as much mind as they do. Hackers are always gonna be a problem, BHVR explained why they don't name specific vulnerabilities that get fixed because that just gives more incentive to find more.

    @ScottJund did a video on toxicity in DBD and I think one point a lot of people need to remember is that, hacker or otherwise, most of the people being "toxic" are kids trying to piss people off for attention or humor. Who do you think has enough free time to buy alt accounts and cheat in DBD? There is no getting through to the people who do this, and the best solution really is to just stop caring. Move on, don't engage with or point out specific instances because that's exactly what they want you to do.

    The reason many of us were vocal and adamant about getting a response from BHVR, had nothing to do with them telling us what specific vulnerabilities or minutia were being worked on

    Personally I just wanted a "Yeah we hear you" and we got it, thankfully. It felt like they didn't care, backed up by the game going free on Epic even after the community made it clear that there was a big cheating problem going on at the time.


    You're right though, attention & reactions is what a lot of them want. Look at Choy's video for proof, they have a streamsnipe list and on it there's stuff like "boring reactions" or "will waste hours, don't bother."

  • They never will. You can tell them exactly how to deal with the problem and they will still get triggered and do what the troll wants them to. Very few people are intelligent enough to properly handle a certified gremlin.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    I think the problem wouldn't be so significant if people just didn't pay it as much mind as they do. Hackers are always gonna be a problem, BHVR explained why they don't name specific vulnerabilities that get fixed because that just gives more incentive to find more.

    @ScottJund did a video on toxicity in DBD and I think one point a lot of people need to remember is that, hacker or otherwise, most of the people being "toxic" are kids trying to piss people off for attention or humor. Who do you think has enough free time to buy alt accounts and cheat in DBD? There is no getting through to the people who do this, and the best solution really is to just stop caring. Move on, don't engage with or point out specific instances because that's exactly what they want you to do.

    So if a person holds that game hostage or cheats using lag switches, or any other reason should just be ignored and not being called out for their ######### behaviour?

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307878/people-should-avoid-giving-hackers-attention

    So if a person holds that game hostage or cheats using lag switches, or any other reason should just be ignored and not being called out for their ######### behaviour?

    Record, report & submit ticket and leave it at that is I believe what OP is getting at

    Cheaters can't be held accountable for their actions because they use burners and alts. Calling out cheaters does nothing.

    Calling out the issue of cheaters being allowed to run rampant and such is different from calling out someone who you saw cheating. Hopefully you get what I mean.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779740#Comment_2779740

    Record, report & submit ticket and leave it at that is I believe what OP is getting at

    Cheaters can't be held accountable for their actions because they use burners and alts. Calling out cheaters does nothing.

    Calling out the issue of cheaters being allowed to run rampant and such is different from calling out someone who you saw cheating. Hopefully you get what I mean.

    ^ this.

    hackers don't care about being called out, in fact that's what they want. let BHVR know but don't go off making videos and forum posts, god forbid naming specific people.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779740#Comment_2779740

    Record, report & submit ticket and leave it at that is I believe what OP is getting at

    Cheaters can't be held accountable for their actions because they use burners and alts. Calling out cheaters does nothing.

    Calling out the issue of cheaters being allowed to run rampant and such is different from calling out someone who you saw cheating. Hopefully you get what I mean.

    Yes but since the report system for this game sucks it need to be more than that.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779743#Comment_2779743

    Yes but since the report system for this game sucks it need to be more than that.

    For what it's worth, every cheater I've reported with video proof has been banned in the end, even if it took a little while.

    It's not ideal because not everybody is as petty as me - they need a better system than expecting everyone to make tickets constantly

    I'm sure their support staff would appreciate a better system too, I'd hate to be them

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779743#Comment_2779743

    Yes but since the report system for this game sucks it need to be more than that.

    you don't gain anything by calling out people, bhvr probably isn't gonna prioritize it anymore than they already were. make a support ticket if you feel like reporting isn't doing anything.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779743#Comment_2779743

    ^ this.

    hackers don't care about being called out, in fact that's what they want. let BHVR know but don't go off making videos and forum posts, god forbid naming specific people.

    That I'm not but trying to do but so many people know about it and right now you can't do anything about it the game's report system is garbage and their anti cheat is much like how rainbow six side's was where ddosing and such was also rampant and might still be and the the service ones can't either cause like you said they make alts along with if you play crossplay you can't do anything about it.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779793#Comment_2779793

    For what it's worth, every cheater I've reported with video proof has been banned in the end, even if it took a little while.

    It's not ideal because not everybody is as petty as me - they need a better system than expecting everyone to make tickets constantly

    I'm sure their support staff would appreciate a better system too, I'd hate to be them

    That's just it though why do you need video proof for a game that has dedicated servers it should pick it if something isn't right.

    I can understand it being hard but, it's hard for me to really forgive them either about it cause this game is their cash cow plain and simple and instead of making chapters and cosmetics it need to be focusing on fixes cause right now pc is a minefield and console has optimization issues so it can cause people to be turned off.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779793#Comment_2779793

    you don't gain anything by calling out people, bhvr probably isn't gonna prioritize it anymore than they already were. make a support ticket if you feel like reporting isn't doing anything.

    So then pc is out and console is poorly optimized now so just drop the game then?

  • They shouldn't be called hackers just cheaters or even script kiddie 😁

  • I just quietly record, report, and save a link to their steam to see how long before a ban is issued.

    Last one took one day.

    Couple of weeks ago I reported a player who was holding me hostage. In the first few minutes of it happening I wrote up a support ticket and the hostage taker player was ‘disconnected.’ I don’t know but I imagine that might’ve been a forced DC on the backend. If the cheater wanted out the match they would’ve just stopped the trial and moved on.