Matchmaking has to change. Fast.

MMR is well-trodden territory at this point. It's clear that it isn't going anywhere. And I'll admit that it seemed to work quite well for the first month. And then...something changed. For the last couple months it has been throwing players together with absolutely no rhyme or reason during peak hours.

I'm having the easiest games of my DbD life on both sides and I'm bored out of my mind. Tonight alone, I saw a Wraith manage a single (1) total hook, a Myers reach a stellar three (3) total hooks, and a Ghostface lead the pack with a blistering 7 hook stage 4 escape. All three killers seemed like they picked up DbD within the last couple weeks. I have 3500 hrs in the game.

On the killer side, I played three games. Survivors completed a total of 2 generators in three games. I don't even know what to say other than, again, I AM BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

This isn't a flex post. I actually got 3 outed a few games in a row when I played off-hours the other day and skill-based matchmaking actually tried to fulfill the skill-based portion of the equation.

The point of my post is to simply ask a question: do you genuinely think anyone is having fun right now? I refuse to believe that there are not 4 of me queuing solo on survivor when I am queuing for killer that can be matched. And I refuse to believe that the BEST possible match for me (3500 hrs) on survivor is some poor 50 hr killer who is still learning how to lunge.

This isn't working. If the Steam numbers are any indication, you are hemorrhaging players. These awful matches aren't a rare occurrence. *They're the norm*. At no point am I ever thinking "Well I'm sleepwalking to a 4k but at least I didn't have to wait a whole daggum minute for a game!" And if the postgame chats have been any indication, those survivors would have absolutely loved to wait for a better killer match.

Comments